13. Æfterran Gēolan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Þis geƿrit hæfþ ƿordcƿide on Nīƿenglisce.|
13 Æfterra Gēola is se þrēotēoða dæg þæs gēares in þǣre Gregoriscan gerīmbēc. Heonan sind 352 belīfendra daga (353 in hlīepgēarum). Hē is Nīwes Gēares Ǣfen in þǣre Iuliscan gerīmbēc.
Belimpas[adiht | adiht fruman]
- 888 - Odo, Count of Paris wierþ cyning Franclandes.
- 1328 - Edward III Englalandes wīfaþ Philippa, dohtor þæs Hainaultes eorles.
- 1602 - William Shakespeare's The Merry Wives of Windsor is published.
- 1605 - The controversial play Eastward Ho! by Ben Jonson, George Chapman, and John Marston is performed, landing two of the authors in prison.
- 1607 - Bank of Genoa fails after announcement of national bankruptcy in Spain.
- 1622 - Work on the printing of the First Folio of William Shakespeare is suspended.
- 1625 - John Milton, 16, admitted to Christ's College, Cambridge.
- 1847 - The Treaty of Cahuenga endaþ the Mexican-American War in California.
- 1854 - The accordion is patented by Anthony Faas.
- 1893 - The Independent Labor Party þæs UK hæfþ sīne forman mētunge.
- 1898 - Emile Zola's J'accuse exposes the Dreyfus affair.
- 1935 - A plebiscite in Saarland shows that 90.3% of those voting wish to join Nazi Þēodiscland.
- 1942 - Henry Ford patents a plastic selffērende wægn, which is 30% lighter than a regular car.
- 1953 - Marshal Josip Broz Tito is gecoren swā Foresittend of Yugoslavia.
- 1957 - Wham-O Company produces the first Frisbee.
- 1958 - Moroccan Liberation Army ambushes Spēonisch patrol in the Battle of Edchera
- 1966 - Robert C. Weaver becomes the first African American Cabinet member by being appointed United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.
- 1972 - Forma Minister Kofi Busia and Foresittend Edward Akufo-Addo of Ghana were ousted in a bloodless military coup by Col. Ignatius Kutu Acheampong.
- 1982 - Shortly after takeoff, Air Florida Flight 90 737 jet crashes into Hwæsingatūn, D.C.'s 14th Street Bridge and falls into the Potomac River, killing 78 including four motorists. Plane was not properly de-iced. There were five survivors.
- 1986 - Mōnaþlang violent struggle ongann in Adene, Sūðum Iemene betwēonan supporters of Ali Nasir Muhammad and Abdul Fattah Ismail, resulting in thousands of casualties.
- 1989 - The final episode of the American soap opera Ryan's Hope is aired, ending a 14-year run on the network.
- 1990 - L. Douglas Wilder becomes the first elected African American governor as he takes office in Richmond, Virginia.
- 1991 - Soviet military troops attacked Lithuanian independence supporters in Vilnius.
- 1992 - An Iapanisc laedere apologizes for forcing Coreanisc women into sexual þēowdōm during þā Ōðre Woruldgūðe.
- 1998 - ABC and ESPN negotiate a $1.15 billion a season contract to keep Monday Night Football.
- 1999 - Michael Jordan of the Chicago Bulls basketball team announces his retirement (for the second time—he has since rescinded his retirement).
- 2001 - An earthquake hits El Salvador. More than 5,000 deaths.
- 2002 - Foresittend George W. Bush faints after choking on a pretzel.
Byrda[adiht | adiht fruman]
- 1596 - Jan van Goyen, painter (d. 1656)
- 1653 - Philipp Jakob Spener, theologian (d. 1705)
- 1749 - Friedrich Müller, painter, narrator, lyricist and dramatist, also known as Maler Müller (d. 1825)
- 1805 - Thomas Dyer, mayor of Chicago, IL (d. 1862)
- 1808 - Salmon Chase, Secretary of the Treasury under Abraham Lincoln, Chief Justice, (d. 1873)
- 1832 - Horatio Alger, Jr., Unitarian minister, author (d. 1899)
- 1859 - Karl Bleibtreu, cīdere (d. 1928)
- 1864 - Wilhelm Wien, physicist (d. 1928)
- 1866?- G. I. Gurdjieff, Greek-Armenian mystic. He stated he was born at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve Julian calendar (d. 1949)
- 1866 - Vasily Kalinnikov, composer (d. 1901)
- 1867 - Francis Everett Townsend, American physician and social reformer
- 1879 - Melvin Jones, founder of Lions Clubs International (d. 1961)
- 1884 - Sophie Tucker, sangestre, comedienne, vaudeville performer (d. 1966)
- 1893 - Clark Ashton Smith, wrītere (d. 1961)
- 1899 - Kay Francis, stage & later film actress with Warner Bros. (d. 1968)
- 1919 - Army Archerd, Hollywood journalist
- 1919 - Robert Stack, actor (d. 2003)
- 1922 - Albert Lamorisse, film director (d. 1970)
- 1924 - Paul Feyerabend, philosopher (d. 1994)
- 1925 - Gwen Verdon, actress, sealtestre (d. 2000)
- 1926 - Carolyn Gold Heilbrun
- 1926 - Amanda Cross - feminist author (d. 2003)
- 1927 - Brockman Adams (d. 2004)
- 1930 - Frances Sternhagen, actress
- 1931 - Charles Nelson Reilly, actor
- 1942 - Richard Moll, actor
- 1949 - Brandon Tartikoff, television executive (d. 1997)
- 1955 - Jay McInerney, wrītere
- 1960 - Kevin Anderson, actor
- 1961 - Julia Louis-Dreyfus, actress
- 1964 - Penelope Ann Miller, actress
- 1966 - Patrick Dempsey, actor
- 1969 - Stephen Hendry, Scottish snooker plegere
- 1970 - Keith Coogan, actor
- 1973 - Nikolai Khabibulin, Russian NHL goalie
- 1977 - Orlando Bloom, actor
- 1982 - Guillermo Coria, Argentinian professional tennis plegere
Dēaðas[adiht | adiht fruman]
- 86 BC - Gaius Marius, Romanisc heretoga and politician
- 858 - Æðelwulf, cyning West-Seaxes (b. ca. 800)
- 888 - Charles the Fat, Holy Roman Emperor, Cyning Swabian, East Francia, Saxony, Bavaria and Italy
- 1151 - Abbot Suger abbot of Saint-Denis (b. 1081)
- 1177 - Henry Jasomirgott, Duke of Austria
- 1330 - Duke Frederick I of Austria (Habsburg) ("the Handsome")
- 1363 - Meinhard III, Count of Tyrol
- 1599 - Edmund Spenser, poet (b. 1552)
- 1864 - Stephen Foster, composer (b. 1826)
- 1929 - Wyatt Earp, Western legend (b. 1848)
- 1941 - James Joyce, wrītere (b. 1882)
- 1962 - Ernie Kovacs, actor, comedian (b. 1919)
- 1978 - Hubert H. Humphrey - Vice President of the United States and former Senator from Minnesota (b. 1911)
- 1978 - Joe McCarthy, baseball manager (b. 1908)
- 1988 - Chiang Ching-kuo, President of the Republic of China (b. 1910)
- 2002 - Ted Demme film and television director (b. 1963)
- 2003 - Norman Panama, screenwriter and director
- 2004 - Harold Shipman, Bryttisc serial killer, dēadne gefunden in his clūse (b. 1946)
- 2004 - Arne Næss jr., Norwegian mountaineer and businessman (b. 1937)
Symbeldagas and observances[adiht | adiht fruman]
- Catholicism - Baptism þæs hlāfordes
- National Vocation Awareness Week
- Lovers of Life International - Dæg Orgiastic Life
- Liberation Day in Togo
- In Swēolande, endaþ Crīstesmæsse on þǣm 20an dæge, Knut's day. Cildru celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring)
12 Æfterra Gēola - 14 Æfterra Gēola - 13 Gēolmōnaþ - 13 Solmōnaþ -- Getalu ealra daga
|Æfterra Gēola | Solmōnað | Hrēðmōnað | Ēastermōnað | Þrimilcemōnað | Sēarmōnað | Mǣdmōnað | Wēodmōnað | Hāligmōnað | Winterfylleð | Blōtmōnað | Gēolmōnað|