6. Æfterran Gēolan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Þis geƿrit hæfþ ƿordcƿide on Nīƿenglisce.|
6 Æfterra Ȝēola is se siexta dæȝ þæs ȝēares on þǣre Gregoriscan ȝerīmbēċ. Heonan sind 359 belīfendra daga (360 in hlīepȝēarum).
Belimpas[adiht | adiht fruman]
- 1066 - Harold Gōdwines sunu crowned cyning Englalandes
- 1205 - Philip Swabian ƿierþ Cyning þǣm Rōmānan
- 1540 - Cyning Henry VIII Englalandes beƿeddaþ Anne of Cleves.
- 1661 - The fifth monarchy men unsuccessfully attempt to seize control of London.
- 1690 - Joseph, son of Emperor Leopold I ƿierþ Cyning þǣm Rōmānan
- 1720 - The Committee of Inquiry on the South Sea Bubble publishes its findings
- 1838 - Samuel Morse first successfully tested the electrical telegraph.
- 1870 - The inauguration of the Musikverein (Vienna).
- 1900 - It is reported that millions are starving in India.
- 1900 - Boers attack Ladysmith - over 1000 people killed
- 1907 - Maria Montessori opens her first school and daycare center for working class children in Rome.
- 1912 - New Mexico is admitted as the 47th U.S. state.
- 1930 - The first diesel-engine automobile trip is completed (Indianapolis, Indiana, to Nīweoforwicburg).
- 1929 - Cyning Alexander Iugoslavian suspends his country's constitution (the so-called January 6th Dictatorship, Šestojanuarska diktatura.)
- 1931 - Thomas Edison submits his last patent application.
- 1936 - Supreme Court of the United States rules the 1933 Agricultural Adjustment Act unconstitutional in the case United States v. Butler et al.; Porky Pig premieres
- 1940 - Mass execution of Poles, committed by Þēodisc here in the city of Poznan, Warthegau.
- 1941 - Franklin Delano Roosevelt delivers his Four Freedoms Speech in the State of the Union Address.
- 1942 - Pan American Airlines becomes the first commercial airline to have a flight go around the world.
- 1946 - William Joyce (Lord Haw-Haw) hanged for treason
- 1950 - Se Ȝeanlǣhtan Cynerīċe recognizes the People's Republic of China. The Republic of China severs diplomatic relations with Britain in response.
- 1967 - United States Marine Corps and ARVN troops launch "Operation Deckhouse Five" in the Mekong River delta.
- 1973 - Schoolhouse Rock premieres
- 1975 - The American soap opera Another World becomes the first daytime drama to air hour-long regularly scheduled episodes.
- 1982 - William Bonin convicted of being the "freeway killer".
- 1992 - The United Nations Security Council votes unanimously condemning Israel's treatment of Palestinians.
- 1994 - Nancy Kerrigan is clubbed on the right leg by an assailant under orders from lēoðlic scātung rival Tonya Harding.
- 1995 - A chemical fire in an apartment complex in Manila, Philippines leads to the discovery of plans for Project Bojinka, a mass-terrorist attack.
- 1998 - The Lunar Prospector spacecraft is launched into orbit around the moon and later found evidence for frozen water on the moon's surface.
- 1999 - Bob Newhart receives a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- 2001 - Al Gore, sƿā Foresittend þæs U.S. Senates, tallies the electoral votes and certifies George W. Bush sƿā the winner of U.S. presidential election, 2000.
Byrda[adiht | adiht fruman]
- 1367 - Cyning Richard II Englalandes (d. 1400)
- 1412 - Joan of Arc, Frencisc Roman Catholic hālga (d. 1431)
- 1587 - Gaspar de Guzman, Count of Olivares, Duke of San Lucar (d. 1645)
- 1787 - Gaspard Thēodore Ignace de la Fontaine, Luxembourg polititian
- 1822 - Heinrich Schliemann, Þēodisc archaeologist (d. 1890)
- 1832 - Gustave Dorē, Frencisc painter and sculptor (d. 1883)
- 1838 - Max Bruch, Þēodisc composer (d. 1920)
- 1872 - Alexander Scriabin, Russisc composer (d. 1915)
- 1878 - Carl Sandburg, Americanisc poet, historian (d. 1967)
- 1880 - Tom Mix, Americanisc actor (d. 1940)
- 1881 - Sam Rayburn, Speaker of the United States House of Representatives (d. 1961)
- 1882 - Fan S. Noli, Albanian bishop, poet and political figure (d. 1965)
- 1883 - Khalil Gibran, Lebanese poet, painter, novelist (d. 1931)
- 1898 - James Fitzmaurice, Irisc aviation pioneer (d. 1965)
- 1902 - Max Güde, attorney (d. 1984)
- 1903 - Maurice Abravanel, Greek-born Swiss conductor (d. 1993)
- 1913 - Loretta Young, Americanisc actress (d. 2000)
- 1914 - Danny Thomas, Americanisc singer, actor, comedian (d. 1991)
- 1920 - Early Wynn, Americanisc Baseball Hall of Famer
- 1920 - Sun Myung Moon, Corisc evangelist
- 1921 - Louis Harris, pollster
- 1923 - Jacobo Timerman, Argentine writer (d. 1999)
- 1924 - Earl Scruggs, bluegrass performer
- 1925 - John De Lorean, Americanisc auto maker
- 1931 - E. L. Doctorow, Americanisc author
- 1931 - Dickie Moore, Canadisc ice hockey player
- 1931 - Capucine, Frencisc actress (d. 1990)
- 1933 - Emil Steinberger, cabaretist
- 1933 - Oleg Makarov, cosmonaut (d. 2003)
- 1943 - Terry Venables, Englisc football (soccer) manager
- 1944 - Bonnie Franklin, Americanisc actress
- 1946 - Syd Barrett, Englisc guitarist and singer
- 1951 - Kim Wilson, rock musician
- 1953 - Malcolm Young, Englisc guitarist
- 1954 - Anthony Minghella, Britisc director
- 1955 - Rowan Atkinson, Englisc comedian, actor
- 1957 - Nancy Lopez, Americanisc golfer
- 1959 - Kathy Sledge, sangestre
- 1960 - Nigella Lawson, Bryttisc celebrity chef, writer
- 1960 - Howie Long, Americanisc football star
- 1964 - Henry Maske, Þēodisc world champion boxer
- 1966 - Fernando Carrillo, Venezuelan actor
- 1968 - John Singleton, Americanisc director and writer
- 1970 - Julie Chen, Americanisc television presenter and newsreader
- 1976 - Danny Pintauro, Americanisc actor
Dēaðas[adiht | adiht fruman]
- 1840 - Fanny Burney, Englisc novelist and diarist (b. 1752)
- 1852 - Louis Braille, Frencisc teacher, developed writing system for the blind (b. 1809)
- 1884 - Gregor Johann Mendel, the father of genetics,
- 1918 - Georg Cantor, Þēodisc mathematician (b. 1845)
- 1919 - Theodore Roosevelt, 26a Foresittend þǣra Ȝeānlǣhtra Rīca (b. 1858)
- 1928 - Alvin Kraenzlein, Americanisc athlete
- 1937 - Brother Andre, Canadisc religious figure (b. 1845)
- 1942 - Henri de Baillet-Latour, Belgian IOC president
- 1949 - Victor Fleming, Americanisc director (b. 1883)
- 1981 - A.J. Cronin, Scottisc writer (b. 1896)
- 1993 - Rudolf Nureyev, Russisc ballet dancer (b. 1938)
- 1993 - Dizzy Gillespie, Americanisc jazz trumpeter (b. 1917)
- 2000 - Don Martin, Americanisc cartoonist (b. 1931)
- 2004 - Charles Dumas, Americanisc high jumper
Symbeldagas and observances[adiht | adiht fruman]
- Se tƿelfta dæȝ Ȝēoles in Þēodiscum Hǣðenscipe.
- Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy - Sƿeotolungdæȝ þæs hlāfordes in Crīstendōme, ēac ȝehaten Þrēo Cyninga Dæȝ and "Tƿelfta Dæg Crīstesmæsse".
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- In þǣm Īrisc ȝerīmbēċ- Little Christmas or "Women's Christmas" and/or Twelfth Day.
- Rastafarianism - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Armenisc Crīstesmæsse
5 Æfterra Ȝēola - 7 Æfterra Ȝēola - 6 Ȝēolmōnaþ - 6 Solmōnaþ -- Ȝetalu ealra daga
|Æfterra Gēola | Solmōnað | Hrēðmōnað | Ēastermōnað | Þrimilcemōnað | Sēarmōnað | Mǣdmōnað | Wēodmōnað | Hāligmōnað | Winterfylleð | Blōtmōnað | Gēolmōnað|