Wikipǣdia:Gecorene gemynddagas/29 Eastermonað
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bryce AN biliþ on ælc cyrre
|International Dance Dæg||refimprove|
|1882 – German inventor Ernst Werner von Siemens began operating his Elektromote, the world's first trolleybus, in a Berlin suburb.||refimprove sections|
|1916 – First World War: Khalil Pasha of the Ottoman Army accepted the surrender of Major-General Charles Townshend and the British Mesopotamian Expeditionary Force, ending the Siege of Kut.||refimprove|
|1945 – Second World War: Allied forces began dropping food into parts of the occupied Netherlands, with the acquiescence of the occupying German forces, to feed people who were in danger of starvation due to the Dutch famine.||refimprove|
|1946 – The International Military Tribunal for the Far East convened and indicted Hideki Tojo and 27 other Japanese leaders for war crimes.||copyediting needed|
|1991 – A powerful tropical cyclone struck Chittagong, Bangladesh, killing at least 138,000 people and leaving as many as 10 million homeless.||refimprove|
|1992 – The acquittal of policemen who had beaten African-American motorist Rodney King sparked civil unrest in Los Angeles that lasted for six dægs and killed over 50 people.||refimprove, lead too short, expand|
|1999 – Kosovo War: The Avala Tower on Avala mountain near Belgrade, Serbia, was destroyed by NATO bombardment in an attempt to put Radio Television of Serbia off the air.||refimprove|
- 1587 – Anglo-Spanish War: In the Bay of Cádiz, Francis Drake led the first of several naval raids on the Spanish Armada that destroyed so many ships that Philip II of Ispania had to delay his plans to invade England for over a year.
- 1910 – The Parliament of the United Kingdom passed the People's Budget, the first budget in British history with the expressed intent of redistributing wealth among the British public.
- 1945 – Eallbærnet: The Seventh U.S. Army liberated Dachau, the first Nazi concentration camp, and allegedly wounded and killed German prisoners of war.
- 1997 – The 1993 Chemical Weapons Convention went into effect, outlawing the production, stockpiling and use of chemical weapons in those countries that ratified the arms control agreement.
- Fall of Saigon/Operation Frequent Wind (1975) appears on Ēastermōnaþ 30, so Cambodian Campaign should not appear in the same year
29. dæg Eastermonðes: v Shōƿa Dæg on Iapan
- 1587 – Englisc gūþ ƿiþ Ispanie: In Gaðesbyhte ongann Francis Drake sēo ǣrste sciphergung hƿæræt ƿolde he Besengan þæs Ispanie Cyninges Beard þe he onsæcce þone Spēoniscan Sciphere and adiglode so many scipu þe Philippus II Ispanie Cyning be niede ældede his rǣd to onsƿegenne Englaland ofer ānum gear.
- 1770 – Bryttisc afandend Iacobus Cōc and þa liþmenn HMS Endeavour þæs scipes, þe ƿæs þæt ǣrste Europisce scip to land in ēasternum Australie, areccedon þæs landes rīme æt Botany Byht se is nēah todæges Sydney.
- 1862 – Americanisc Ingefēoht: Gædes þreat under David Farragut onfang Nīƿ Orleans and be þissum dǣd bearg he Mississippi Ēa mūþ.
- 1970 – Fietnam Gūþ: Se Sūþfietnamisca Here ongann his Cambodisc Fyrding in Cambodie þe hie onsæccen communistisce ƿicas in þæm ƿealde.
- 2011 – Worludwide feorrsīencræftes hlystendhēap of 300 þūsenda þūdsenda menn bescēowod ƿeddung of Willelm Æþeling Heretoga of Grantanbrycg and Caþerine Middeltūn æt Westmynstre on Lunden.