Þis is efenlǣcung þæs hēafodhelptrametes æt Meta. Ne ādiht þisne tramet. Ādihtunga bēoþ forloren in þǣre nīehstan ednīwunge of þǣm hēafodtramete. Sēo þone fōtdǣl for furðran gefrǣge ymbe ādihtunge þæs helpes.
What am I doing here This editing overview has a lot of wikitext examples. You may want to keep this page open in a separate browser window for reference while you edit.
Each of the topics covered here is covered somewhere else in more detail. Please look in the boxfffhvcwhdudjbsvsgsis
Editing basics[adihtan | ādihtan fruman]
- Start editing
- To start editing a MediaWiki page, click on the "Edit this page" (or just "edit") link at one of its edges. This will bring you to the edit page: a page with a text box containing the wikitext: the editable source code from which the server produces the webpage. If you just want to experiment, please do so in the sandbox, not here.
- Summarize your changes
- You should write a short edit summary in the small field below the edit-box. You may use shorthand to describe your changes, as described in the legend.
- Preview before saving
- When you have finished, press preview to see how your changes will look -- before you make them permanent. Repeat the edit/preview process until you are satisfied, then click "Save" and your changes will be immediately applied to the article.
Lȳtla ādihtunga[adihtan | ādihtan fruman]
A logged-in user can mark an edit as "minor". Minor edits are generally spelling corrections, formatting, and minor rearrangement of text. Users may choose to hide minor edits when viewing Recent Changes.
Marking a significant change as a minor edit is considered bad Wikiquette. If you have accidentally marked an edit as minor, make a dummy edit, verify that the "[ ] This is a minor edit" check-box is unchecked, and explain in the edit summary that the previous edit was not minor.
See also[adihtan | ādihtan fruman]
- Help:Ādihtung FAQ
- Help:Automatic conversion of wikitext
- Help:Ādihtunge tōlbēam
- Help:HTML in wikitext
- Protecting pages
- Help:Onginnung nīwes trametes
- UseModWiki and Wikipedia:PHP script.
- HTML elements.
- Live preview - a way to preview your edits without contacting the server.
- Image:Special characters Verdana IE.png - shows special characters with codes, and also shows problem characters.
- m:Template:fs (mōtung, bæcbendas, ādihtan) - font size
- m:Template:co (mōtung, bæcbendas, ādihtan) - color
Ūtanwearde bendas[adihtan | ādihtan fruman]
Links to other help pages[ādihtan fruman]
|Help contents - all pages in the Help namespace: Meta Wikibooks Commons: Wikinews Wikipedia Wikiquote Wikisource Wiktionary|
Page name |
Piped link |
Interwiki link |
This page is a copy of the master help page at Meta, with project-specific templates inserted. To change it, either edit the master help page for all projects at m:Help:Ādihtung, or edit the project-specific text at Template:Phh:Ādihtung (the extra text at the top of this help page) and Template:Ph:Ādihtung (the extra text at the bottom, before the links to other help pages). You are welcome to copy the exact wikitext from the master page at Meta and paste it into this page at any time.