Wikipǣdia:Gecorene gemynddagas/8 Eastermonað
Jump to navigation Jump to search
User only ONE image at a time
- Caracalla bust cropped.jpg
Bust of Caracalla (requires undeletion)
|Hanamatsuri in Japan||refimprove|
|1093 – Winchester Cathedral at Winchester in Hampshire, one of the largest cathedrals in England, was dedicated by Bishop Walkelin.||citations missing|
|1904 – France and the United Kingdom signed the entente cordiale, agreeing to a peaceful coexistence after centuries of intermittent conflict.||Needs more footnotes|
|1904 – British occultist and writer Aleister Crowley began transcribing The Book of the Law, a Holy Book in Thelema.||footnotes need formatting|
|1911 – Dutch physicist Heike Kamerlingh Onnes discovered superconductivity.||refimprove section|
|1986 – Actor Clint Eastwood was elected mayor of Carmel-by-the-Sea, California.||Need to verify date|
- 217 – Roman emperor Caracalla was assassinated at a roadside near Harran and succeeded by his Praetorian Guard prefect Macrinus.
- 1992 – American tennis plagere Arthur Ashe announced that he had contracted HIV from blood transfusions; he would spend the remainder of his life as an AIDS activist.
- 2008 – On board Soyuz TMA-12, Yi So-Yeon became the first Korean, and second Asian woman, to go into space.
8. dæg Eastermonðes: Eallbærnet Gemynddæg on Israhēle (2013)
- 1341 – Petrarch Eotolisc leorningcniht and scop fōn þā title Poeta Laureato, se is heal scop, æt gesetednesse on Rōmbyrig.
- 1820 – Crēcisc ierþling afūnd eald manlīca būton earmum and on Milos þære Egiscan īege and man nemneð þā gelicnesse Venus de Milo (on biliþe).
- 1886 – Ƿilliam Gladstone Forma Þegn brōhtede þone forma Īrisca Hāmlēodƿeard Geƿrit in þæt Brittisce Gemǣne Hūs.
- 1904 – Longacre Square in Midtūn Manhattan on Nīƿeoforƿīcbyrig, ƿæs gegeafen nīƿ nama, Times Square æfter The Nīƿeoforƿīc Times bold.
- 1968 – BOAC Flight 712 suffered an engine fire shortly after take-off from Lunden Hǣþrǣƿe Lyfthȳðe, ðærof stearfon fīf menn anbord, onmang him Barbara Jane Harrison flyhtātþegn, who was later awarded a posthumous Georgius Rōd for hiere heroism during the accident.