Wikipǣdia:Gecorene gemynddagas/5 Sēremōnaþ
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bryce AN biliþ on ælc cyrre
|World Environment Day;||copyvio|
|1798 – In the Battle of New Ross, British forces prevented the United Irishmen from spreading the Irish Rebellion into Munster.||refimprove|
|1888 – An earthquake measuring 5.5 on the Richter scale shook the upper Río de la Plata floor.||needs more footnotes|
|1963 – The arrest of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini for publicly denouncing Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi sparked protests in Iran.||refimprove|
|1969 – The International communist conference began in Moscow.||besides list of participants, article is stubby|
|1995 – A new phase of matter, the Bose–Einstein condensate, was produced for the first time by Eric Cornell and Carl Wieman at the University of Colorado at Boulder NIST–JILA lab.||refimprove sections|
- 1257 – Kraków in Poland received city rights based on the Magdeburg law.
- 1305 – Raymond Bertrand de Got became Pope Clement V, succeeding Pope Benedict XI who died one year earlier.
- 1832 – The June Rebellion, an anti-monarchist uprising of students, broke out in Paris.
- 1849 – A new constitution was introduced in Denmark, establishing a constitutional monarchy and the Rigsdag, a bicameral parliament consisting of the Landsting and the Folketing.
- 1883 – The Orient Express, a train line that became synonymous with intrigue and luxury travel, began operations.
- 1941 – Second Sino-Japanese War: During one sortie in a five-year bombing campaign on Chongqing, 4,000 people died of asphyxiation when the tunnel they were hiding in became blocked.
- 1956 – American singer Elvis Presley performed "Hound Dog" to a nationwide television audience on The Milton Berle Show, an appearance that generated many letters of protest.
- 1968 – Palestinian immigrant Sirhan Sirhan fatally shot U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy inside the kitchen pantry of The Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles – an event that has spawned a variety of conspiracy theories.
- 1981 – The Centers for Disease Control recorded a cluster of Pneumocystis pneumonia cases among homosexual men in Los Angeles, the first reported cases of AIDS.
- 1989 – An anonymous demonstrator, later dubbed "Tank Man", single-handedly stopped a column of Chinese tanks during the Tiananmen Square protests before being dragged aside.
- 2001 – Tropical Storm Allison made landfall in southeast Texas, causing $5.5 billion in damage to make it the costliest tropical storm in US history.
- 2009 – After 65 straight days of civil disobedience, at least 31 people were killed in clashes between the National Police and indigenous people in Peru's Bagua Province.
- Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 is on 4 Sēremōnaþ, so Tank Man should not appear in the same year.
- Ali Khamenei is on 4 Sēremōnaþ, so 5 Sēremōnaþ, 1963 demonstrations in Iran should not appear in the same year (both have Khomeini in the blurb).
- Six-Day War also appears on Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/10 Sēremōnaþ.
- 663 –Damingheall ƿeard se lēodƿeardes stōl and se cynelica heall þæs Tang rīce ongemang Gaozonges Cāseres cynedōme.
- 1862 – Þæn ƿæs þæt Saigon Foremæl onsiglod, þærbe ƿæs Fietnames sūþdæl geseald to Franclande, þohte Truong Dinh mishieran Tu Duc Fietnam Cāsere and þe he bide to feohtene ƿiþ þæm Francas.
- 1947 – Æt gemæþle æt Harvard Eormengylde, abēonn George Marshall ( þæs gelicnes is hēr ) se ƿæs Rīcesambeht þāra Geānedan Rīca, ārstæf to ƿiggeƿestedum Europan, and he amearcede gestrēon for edƿyrpinge and man geaf hine þone naman 'se Marshall Ræd'.
- 1963 –John Profumo se Brettisca Geƿinn Þegn andette þe he beleag þæt Ceorlhūs in spyrigunge þe he ƿæs befealded in forliggandsceamƿe and he alēt his þegndōm.
- 1967 – Se Siexedæglang Geƿinn begann mid Israeli preemptive strike þe adiglode ymbe 450 lyftcræft þæs Ægyptiscan, Iordaniscan and Syrie Ægyptisca Lyftþrēatas on þæm grūnde.