Wikipǣdia:Gecorene gemynddagas/30 Winterfylleþ
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bryce AN biliþ on ælc cyrre
|1270 – An agreement between Charles I of Naples, King of Sicily, and Muhammad I al-Mustansir, ruler of the Hafsid dynasty in Ifriqiya, ended the Eighth Crusade and opened up free trade between the Christians and Tunis.||needs more footnotes|
|1905 – Russian Revolution: Tsar Nicholas II reluctantly signed the "Winterfylleþ Manifesto", establishing the State Duma as the elected legislature in Imperial Russia.||Revolution: needs more footnotes; Manifesto: refimprove|
|1918 – The Armistice of Mudros was signed in Moudros in the Lesbos Prefecture, Greece, ending the hostilities in the Middle Eastern theatre of World War I, and paving the way for the occupation of Constantinople and the subsequent partitioning of the Ottoman Empire.||stubby|
|1938 – The radio drama The War of the Worlds, based on the science fiction novella by English writer H. G. Wells, frightened many listeners in the United States into believing that an actual Martian invasion was in progress.||multiple issues|
|1973 – Constantinopoles Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Convert/text' not found. long Bosphorus Brycg was completed, connecting the continents of Europe and Asia over the Bosphorus Strait.||unreferenced section|
|1974 – Muhammad Ali knocked out George Foreman at The Rumble in the Jungle.||original research|
- 1226 – Tran Thu Do, head of the Tran clan of Vietnam, forced Ly Hue Tong, the last emperor of the Ly dynasty, to commit suicide.
- 1863 – Seventeen-year-old Danish Prince Vilhelm arrived in Athens to become George I, King of Greece.
- 1960 – Surgeon and scientist Michael Woodruff performed the first successful kidney transplant in the United Kingdom at The Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh.
- 1961 – The Soviet hydrogen bomb Tsar Bomba, the largest nuclear weapon ever detonated, was set off over Novaya Zemlya Island in the Arctic Ocean as a test.
- 1991 – The Madrid Conference, an attempt by the international community to start a peace process through negotiations involving Israel and the Arab countries, convened in Madrid.
- 1995 – In a referendum, 50.58 percent of voters supported the province of Quebec remaining a part of Canada, narrowly averting sovereignty.
- 1806 – Geƿinn þæs Feoƿrþe Coalition: Forþæm þe hie aliefede þe hie ƿæron sƿiþe ūtgerīmed, him gesaldon þā 5,300 Germaniscan castelmenn æt Stettine on Prēosslande, būtan fēohte to sƿiðe læs Frenciscum þrēate.
- 1888 – Lobengula Matabela Cyning geaf þā Rudd Tīþe to Cecil Rhodes forƿyrhtum, and þis þing ongann þā ædsceafte þære Bryttiscan Sūþaffrica Hansan.
- 1942 – Ōðru Ƿoruldgūþ: Bryttisc flotmenn astīgon on þæm Germaniscan undersǣbāte U-559 þæn hit sanc and abrōhtedon þider rūncræftes þing þærmid motan Brettas brēcan þone Enigma rūn.
- 1983 – On Argentinaƿarum endede þæs heres tictatorscipe and in þæm landes gemǣne ceorr ƿæs Raúl Alfonsín (on biliðe) gecoren to ƿeorþan Foresittend of Argentine.
- 1993 – The Troubles: Þrēo gegyldan þæs Ulster Ƿeard Framscipe scoten in crudnum bēorhūse in gebēorscipe for Eallra Hāligra Æfne, and hie þær ofslōgon eahta menn and bennoden þrietiene.