Wikipǣdia:Gecorene gemynddagas/24 Eastermonað
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bryce AN biliþ on ælc cyrre
|Genocide Remembrance Dæg in Armenia||stub|
|1866 – German compose] Max Bruch's First Violin Concerto premiered with the composer himself conducting.||original research|
|1877 – Unable to resolve a series of disputes over the Balkans in the aftermath of the 1876 Bulgarian Ēastermōnaþ Uprising, Russia declared war on the Ottoman Empire, starting the Russo-Turkish War.||refimprove section|
|1980 – Eight U.S. servicemen died in Operation Eagle Claw, a failed attempt to rescue the hostages in the Iran hostage crisis.||refimprove section|
- 1479 BC – Thutmose III (statue pictured) became the sixth Pharaoh of the Eighteenth Dynasty of Ægypt, although during the first 22 years of the reign he was co-regent with his aunt, Hatshepsut.
- 1915 – The Armenian Folcmorð in þæm Oþomaniscan Rīce ongann þær wæron the arrest and deportation of hundreds of prominent Armenians in Constantinopolis.
- 1922 – The first portion of the Imperial Wireless Chain, a strategic international wireless telegraphy communications network created to link the countries of the British Empire, opened.
- 1967 – The Soviet spacecraft Soyuz 1 crashed in Siberia during its return to Earth, killing cosmonaut Vladimir Komarov, the first human to die during a spaceflight.
- 1990 – The Hubble Space Telescope was launched aboard the Space Shuttle Discovery in mission STS-31.
- 1993 – The Provisional Irish Republican Army detonated a truck bomb in Lunden's financial district in Bishopsgate, killing one person, injuring 44 others and causing £1 billion in damages.
- 1547 – Schmalkaldisc Gūþ: Carl V Halig Rōmanisc Casere, led Caserlice ƿigan to sige in þǣre Mühlberg Beadƿe ofer þæm Luþeran Schmalkaldisc League of Oncƿedend æþelingum.
- 1800 – Gemōtes Bōchord, se is be ƿyrde se þēodisc bōchord þāra Geānlǣhtan Rīca, ƿæs be Gemōtes Gesetnesse gestaðlod in þæm ilcan gesetnesse seo bēad þe þæs lēodes hēafodstōl feorse of Philadelphia to Ƿashington, D.C.
- 1916 – Īrisc republicans hƿærof ƿæs Patrick Pearse heretog ongann Ēaster Ahebbunge ƿiþ Bryttiscum geƿeald on Īrum and hie abannedon þā Irisca Cyneƿīse.
- 1922 – Her opnede se forma dæl þære Ƿoruldīces Ƿīrlēase Ƿrāsen, brād ƿīrlēas telegraphy mōtung nettƿeorc þone sceaft man to hlencenne þā land þæs Bryttiscna Rīces.
- 1990 – Gruinardīeg on Rosscīre, seo ƿæs stede þær ƿyrtedon Bryttisc ƿitum ādlƿig cunninge, ƿæs oboden frēoh of angset æfter 48 ƿintrum þe hie ƿæs gerumed.