Wikipǣdia:Gecorene gemynddagas/8 Searmonað
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bryce AN biliþ on ælc cyrre
|793 – Scandinavian Vikings destroyed the abbey at Lindisfarne, Northumbria, England, to begin the Viking Age.||refimprove|
|1906 – Theodore Roosevelt signed the Antiquities Act into law, giving the President of the United States authority to restrict the use of particular public land owned by the federal government by executive order, bypassing oversight by the U.S. Congress.||unreferenced section|
|1912 – Filmmaker Carl Laemmle merged his movie studio with eight smaller companies to form what is known today as Universal Studios.||refimprove|
|1953 – Two tornadoes killed more than 200 people in Flint, Michigan and Worcester, Massachusetts.||refimprove|
|1967 – The Israeli Air Force attacked the U.S. Navy intelligence ship USS Liberty in international waters, killing 34 and wounding at least 173.||refimprove section, too many external links|
|2008 – A Japanese man drove a truck into a crowd of pedestrians in the Akihabara district of Tokyo, then proceeded to stab at least 12 people before being apprehended.|
- 1776 – American Revolutionary War: British forces defeated the Continental Army at the Battle of Trois-Rivières, the last major battle fought on Quebec soil that was part of the American colonists' invasion of Quebec.
- 1862 – American Civil War: The Confederate Army won a resounding victory at the Battle of Cross Keys, one of the two decisive victories in Jackson's Valley Campaign.
- 1887 – German-American statistician Herman Hollerith received a patent for his punch card calculator.
- 1949 – Nineteen Eighty-Four (Nigontiene Feower and Eahtig), a dystopian political novel be George Orwell wæs geswutoled and his spell wæs līf under the fictional totalitarian lēodweard of Oceanie.
- 1950 – Thomas Blamey weard se forma Australisca mann to attain the rank of Feldmearhscealc.
- 1959 – The U.S. Navy submarine USS Barbero fired a Regulus cruise missile (example pictured), equipped with US Post Office Department containers, in an attempt to deliver mail via rocket.
- 1972 – Fietnam Gūþ: Nick Ut Associated Press photographer took his Pulitzer Prize-winning photo of a nacod nigon wintereald cnapa Phan Thi Kim Phuc running down a road after being burned by napalm.
- 1995 – Rasmus Lerdorf Denisc-Greenlendisc rungestrēonwritere aliesede se ǣrresta version þæs scripting gereordes PHP, se is nū used as the þegnunghealf gereord on 75% of eallum Webbþegnung searwum.
8. dæg Searmonðes: Ƿoruld Garsecgena Dæg
- 793 – Normenn, earmlice heðenra manna hergung adiligode Godes cyrican in Lindisfarena ee þurh reaflac and mid sƿylcum dǣd begann seo Ƿicingield.
- 1783 – Īslandes Laki craters begann eahtamōnaþlang ætbyrst, of of þissum ƿæs micel hunger and micel ātor in þæm landes ƿæter þærof cƿeallen manigum.
- 1856 – Byras þāra Tahitīegƿīfena and þāra Bounty sƿiīcena setloden on Norþfolc Īege, abandoned Bryttisc ageldung landbūnes.
- 1982 – Folcland Geƿinn: Se Argentinisca Lyftþrēat onsæccede Brettisc hlæstscipu þæn onhladedon hie hiera bebyreþ be Bluff Cofan in þæm Folcland Īeglandum, and ofslōg 56 Brettiscu ƿigan and derode 150.
- 2007 – Micel sturm ofer þæm Nīƿan Sūþƿealum on Australie, drāf berendscip MV Pasha Bulker on þone strand.