Wikipǣdia:Tutorial (Wrap-up and more info)
There! You now know the most important things needed for contributing here. Any comments or feedback on this tutorial? Feel like something wasn't explained well enough, or want to know about something that isn't here? Let us know by dropping a comment on this page's talk page. You can also introduce yourself at Wikipedia:New user log.
Of course, one can always learn more. We've tried to keep this tutorial short so that you can start editing as easily as possible, but that means there are lots of topics we haven't covered. The links below are pages you might find useful as you continue your work on the wiki.
If you see something below that interests you, or that you know will be particularly relevant to your work here, go ahead and read it, or bookmark it and come back later.
Advice and general information[ādihtan fruman]
- Wikipedia:Welcome, newcomers explains the site and what to do here.
- Faux pas avoidance helps you avoid some common mistakes.
- Know how to contribute, but not what to write about? See Wikipedia:Contributing to Wikipedia for help.
- Looking for other ways to improve articles? See Wikipedia:Guide to improving articles.
Specialised tutorials[ādihtan fruman]
- Wikipedia:Picture tutorial is a tutorial on image formatting.
- Wikipedia:How to use tables is a tutorial on the use of tables.
- Wikipedia:NPOV tutorial is a tutorial on how to write from a neutral perspective.
- Wikipedia:TeX markup is a list of the markup symbols we use.
Style and technique references[ādihtan fruman]
Directory: Wikipedia:Style and How-to Directory
- Wikipedia:How to edit a page gives lots of information on things like formatting, character sets, and variables.
- Wikipedia:How to start a page
- Wikipedia:Manual of Style
Community and policy references[ādihtan fruman]
- Wikipedia:Tutorial/Glossary abbreviated glossary—the ten most likely words you'll encounter.
- Wikipedia:Glossary explains the words you'll hear other editors use.
- Wikipedia:Community Portal provides links to community resources—this page is always available in the navigation sidebar.
- Wikipedia:Policies and guidelines
- Wikipedia:FAQ is an index of FAQ pages on all aspects of Wikipedia.
- Wikipedia:Utilities — a bigger directory of project pages than the community portal.
- Wikipedia:Topical index — if you want a really complete index.
Technical references[ādihtan fruman]
- MediaWiki User's Guide — a user's guide for the MediaWiki software that Wikipedia runs on.