Wikipǣdia:Gecorene gemynddagas/24 Winterfylleþ
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bryce AN biliþ on ælc cyrre
|1260 – The Chartres Hēafodcirice on Chartres on Francum, was dedicated in the presence of King Louis IX.||unreferenced section|
|1360 – The Treaty of Brétigny was ratified at Calais, marking the end of the first phase of the Hundred Years' War.||incomplete, refimprove|
|1648 – The second treaty of the Peace of Westphalia, the Treaty of Münster, was signed, ending both the Thirty Years' War and the Dutch Revolt, and officially recognizing the Republic of the Seven United Netherlands and Swiss Confederation as independent states.||refimprove|
|1857 – Sheffield F.C., one of the world's oldest documented non-university football clubs, was founded.||refimprove|
|1861 – The First Transcontinental Telegraph line across the United States was completed from Omaha, Nebraska, to Carson City, Nevada, spelling the end of the Pony Express.||needs more footnotes, lead too short|
|1929 – Wall Street Crash of 1929||Featured on Winterfylleþ 29|
|1931 – The George Washington Bridge, today considered one of the world's busiest bridges in terms of vehicle traffic, connecting New York City to Fort Lee, New Jersey, was dedicated.||refimprove section|
|1960 – A prototype of the Soviet R-16 intercontinental ballistic missile exploded on the launch pad at the Baikonur Cosmodrome near Tyuratam, Kazakh SSR, killing at least 90 people.||needs more footnotes|
- 1260 – Qutuz, Mamluk sultan of Egypt, was assassinated by a fellow Mamluk leader, Baibars, who then seized power for himself.
- 1944 – World War II: The Imperial Japanese battleship Musashi, one of the heaviest and most powerfully armed ever constructed, was sunk in the Battle of Leyte Gulf.
- 1949 – The cornerstone of the United Nations Headquarters building in New York City was laid.
- 1964 – Norþern Rhodesia gained independence from the United Kingdom and was renamed Sambia æfter Sambesi þære ēa seo iernþ in þæm lande.
- 1851 – Ƿilliam Lassell afunded Umbriel and Ariel þa Uraniscan mōnan.
- 1912 – Forma Balkan Gūþ: Serbisc þreat geƿonn sige ofer Oþomanisc here æt þǣre Kumanovo Beadƿe in Vardar Macedonia.
- 1945 – Seo Geānlǣhtedan Þēoda Bōc, seo is þara Geānlǣhtedan Þēoda grundgesetnes, entered into force æfter þe hie ƿæs be Cinan, Franclande, þæm Sofietisc Gæd, þæm Geānedan Cynerīce, the United States, and a majority of the other onsiglodendum.
- 2007 – Chang'e 1, se forma satellite in þǣm Seringisc Mōna Rāsung Fare,beebbod of Xichang Satellite Launch Centre.