Wikipǣdia:Gecorene gemynddagas/18 Blōtmōnaþ
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bryce AN biliþ on ælc cyrre
Texas A&M's Bonfire collapse
|1302 – Pope Boniface VIII issued the Papal bull Unam sanctam, proclaiming "there is one holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, outside of which there is neither salvation nor remission of sins".||refimprove|
|1307 – William Tell, a legendary marksman in Switzerland, is said to have successfully shot an apple on his son's head with a single bolt from his crossbow.||refimprove section|
|1626 – St. Peter's Basilica, one of four major basilicas of Rome, was consecrated on the anniversary of that of the previous church in 326.||already featured on April 18|
|1905 – Prince Carl of Denmark became Haakon VII, the first King of Norway after the personal union between Sweden and Norway was dissolved.||refimprove|
- 1210 – Otto IV, Holy Roman Emperor was excommunicated by Pope Innocent III after he commanded the Pope to annul the Concordat of Worms.
- 1928 – Walt Disney's Steamboat Willie, the first completely post-produced synchronized sound animated cartoon, was released.
- 1943 – Second World War: The Royal Air Force began its bombing campaign against Berlin.
- 1963 – The first push-button telephone was made available to AT&T customers.
- 1978 – Jim Jones led more than 900 members of the Peoples Temple to mass murder/suicide in Jonestown, Guyana, hours after some of its members assassinated U.S. Congressman Leo Ryan.
- 1985 – Calvin and Hobbes, a comic strip by Bill Watterson that was at its height one of the most popular in the world, was first published.
- 1999 – Texas A&M Eormengyldes Aggie Bonfire collapsed and ðis ðing ofslōg 12 menn and derode 27, and causing the university to officially declare a hiatus on the 90-year-old annual event.
- 1812 – Napoleonisc Gūþ: In Napoleones inswegunge on Russlande, se heretogscipe be Michel Ney Merescealc in þære Krasnoi Beadwe fōn þone binaman "Hwætra þara Hwæte" oððæt ðe Francas wæron sigelēase.
- 1865 – Mark Twaines spell, Americanisces writeres, "The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County", se wæs his forma micel success swa writere, wæs geswutelod.
- 1872 –Susan B. Anthony Americanisc suffragette (on biliðe) wæs forniman and $100 gyltwite geaf forþæm þe hie geaf hiere ceorr in þæm Foresittendes geceosung of 1872 in Hrofeceaster, New York, ār twa wucu.
- 1987 – In Lundne, cweall fȳr undergrūnd æt Cyninges Rōd and Scta Pancras 31 menn.
- 1991 – Croatisc Sundorrīcehādgewinn: Werodas þæs Geugoslafiscan Folceshere fang Vukovar Croatisc ceaster and endode his 87-dæg onsetnes.