Wikipǣdia:Gecorene gemynddagas/16 Þrimilcemōnaþ
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bryce AN biliþ on ælc cyrre
- Academy Award Oscar (cropped).JPG
Academy Award statuette
|1204 – Fourth Crusade: Count Baldwin IX of Flanders was crowned the first Latin Emperor in Constantinople.||unreferenced sections|
|1527 – The Medici were driven from Florence and a republic was re-established.||outdated|
|1532 – Sir Thomas More resigned as Lord Chancellor of England.||saved for July 6|
|1866 – Root beer was first prepared commercially by American pharmacist Charles Elmer Hires.||date not in article|
|1877 – President Patrice de Mac-Mahon dismissed Jules Simon and installed Albert, Duc de Broglie as Prime Minister, triggering a political crisis in the French Third Republic.||refimprove|
|1891 – The International Electrotechnical Exhibition opened in Frankfurt, Germany, featuring the world's first long distance transmission of three-phase electric power from the generator Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Convert/text' not found. away at Lauffen am Neckar.||needs more footnotes|
|1975 – Junko Tabei became the first woman to reach the summit of Mount Everest.||unreferenced section|
|1988 – A report by United States Surgeon General C. Everett Koop stated that the addictive properties of nicotine are similar to those of heroin and cocaine.||Need to verify date, fact not in article|
|2003 – In the deadliest terrorist attack in Morocco's history, a series of suicide bombings in Casablanca killed 33 civilians and 12 out of the 14 bombers.||refimprove|
- 1771 – The Battle of Alamance—the final battle of the War of the Regulation, a rebellion in colonial North Carolina over issues of taxation and local control—was fought.
- 1843 – The first major wagon train heading for the Pacific Northwest set out on the Oregon Trail with more than a hundred pioneers from Elm Grove, Missouri.
- 1918 – The Sedition Act was passed in the United States, forbidding Americans from using "disloyal, profane, scurrilous, or abusive language" about the United States government, flag, or armed forces during the ongoing World War I.
- 1929 – The 1st Academy Awards ceremony was held at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel in Los Angeles.
- 1961 – The Military Revolution Committee, led by Park Chung-hee, carried out a bloodless coup against the government of Yun Bo-seon, ending the Second Republic of South Korea.
- 1811 – Næs Gūþ: Geþoftede þreat mid Brittiscum, Speoniscum, and Portugualiscum ƿigan clashed ƿiþ þone Frencisc here æt the Albuhera besūþen Badajoz on Spēnum.
- 1866 – Se United States Congress authorized the minting of the country's first copper-nickel fif-cent stycce, be naman Scild nickel (þæs gelicnes is her).
- 1943 – Þæs Cynelican Lyftþrēates Dambusters embarked on a hergunge to afeallenne hlēapunga byrstendas on Germaniscum pyndingum in Operation Chastise in þære Ōðru Ƿoruldgūþ.
- 1960 – Þeodore Maiman American physicist operated the first working laser at the Hughes Research Laboratories in Malibu, California.
- 1966 – Chinese leader Mao Tse Tung beebbode þa Cultural Onƿendunge officially to beon fyrding þe man afeorre of Seringum hiera liberal burgƿuniendlic gesceafta and to continue revolutionary class struggle.
- 1975 – Æfter folccyre geheald ǣr ān mōnaþ afyllede Sikkim his cynedōm and ƿæs acnyttede on Indealand þæt rīce, and Sikkim ƿeard Indea 22. rīce.