Wikipǣdia:Se Þorpes Wella/Hord 2

Fram Wikipǣdian
Gān tō: þurhfōr, sēcan

Innungbred

Previous bot flag requests[ādihtan fruman]

PipepBot[ādihtan fruman]

Hello! I ask for permission to run my interwiki bot PipepBot here, and to get a bot flag for it.

  • Operator: it:User:Pipep
  • Purpose: Interwiki
  • Software: Pywikipedia
  • Have bot flag at: als, am, an, ar, az, bat-smg, be-x-old, bn, bs, ca, ceb, cs, cv, da, en, eo, et, fo, fy, ga, hr, id, is, ksh, la, lv, nap, nn, no, pms, simple, sl, sv, th, uk
  • Details: Interwiki using Pywikipediabot. It mostly runs manually assisted. May run automatically in some cases.

It will soon begin to do test edits. Thank you! --it:User:Pipep 17:56, 7 Wēodmōnaþ 2007 (UTC)

Ic þwǣrie þās bēn. / I agree to this request. --Saforrest 19:47, 22 Wēodmōnaþ 2007 (UTC)
PipepBot has now bot flag. Thank you! it:User:Pipep 18:01, 5 Hāligmōnaþ 2007 (UTC)

BotMultichill[ādihtan fruman]

Hi, i request a bot bit for BotMultichill.

  • Botmaster : Multichill
  • Bot's name : BotMultichill
  • List of botflags on others wikipedias: about 100+ atm (see meta:User:Multichill for the current list)
  • Purpose: Interwiki (pywikipedia)
  • Technical details : BotMultichill is an interwiki bot starting at the Dutch wikipedia. The bot uses the pywikipedia framework and runs day and night in autonomous mode. Sometimes the bot will run in manual assisted mode to solve interwiki conflicts. Multichill 07:58, 5 Hāligmōnaþ 2007 (UTC)
Already done. —Pathoschild 15:05:26, 01 Ēastermōnaþ 2011 (UTC)

AlleborgoBot[ādihtan fruman]

Hi, i request a bot flag for AlleborgoBot

  • Operator: Alleborgo
  • Automatic or Manually Assisted: Automatic, in "-autonomous" mode. Sometimes the bot will run in manual assisted mode to solve interwiki conflicts.
  • Programming Language(s): Pywikipedia framework daily updated to the last SVN version
  • Function Summary: interwiki
  • Already has a bot flag in: ar, am, an, ast, az, bar, bat-smg, bg, br, bn, bpy, bs, ca, ceb, cs, cv, da, de, el, en, eo, es, et, eu, fa, fi, fiu-vro, fr, frp, fy, ga, gl, he, hr, hsb, ht, hu, hy, id, is, it, iu, ja, jv, ka, kk, ksh, ku, lb, li, lmo, ln, lt, lv, mk, mi, ml, mr, ms, mt, nap, nds, nds-nl, nl, nn, no, pl, pms, ps, pt, ro, roa-tara, ru, sco, sh, sk, simple, sl, sq, sr, su, sv, ta, tg, th, to, tr, tt, uk, ur, vec, vi, vls, vo, zh, zh-classical, zh-min-nan, zh-yue. On it.wiki has done more than 65000 edit.

Thanks --AlleborgoBot 14:40, 2 Blōtmōnaþ 2007 (UTC)

Already done. —Pathoschild 15:06:01, 01 Ēastermōnaþ 2011 (UTC)

Purbo T[ādihtan fruman]

Hi, I'd like to request a bot flag for Purbo_T (contribs)

Thank you! --Purodha Blissenbach 21:29, 14 Solmōnaþ 2008 (UTC)

Already done. —Pathoschild 15:07:42, 01 Ēastermōnaþ 2011 (UTC)

Alexbot[ādihtan fruman]

I request the bot flag for Alexbot:

Operator:zh:User:Alexsh
Programming Language:Pywikipedia SVN
Functions:Interwiki(+autonomous), double redirect fix, featured article interwiki link.
Other languages:All statistics in here

Thank you--Alexsh 06:00, 28 Solmōnaþ 2008 (UTC)

Already done. —Pathoschild 15:08:43, 01 Ēastermōnaþ 2011 (UTC)

SpBot[ādihtan fruman]

Hello. I would like to get a bot-flag on this wiki.

  • Operator: de:User:Euku
  • Purpose: Interwiki links: It adds/modifies/deletes interwiki links.
  • Software: pywikipediabot framework via SVN
  • Already has bot flag on: >74 Wikipedias, for example: ar, bn, ca, cs, de, en, es, eu, da, fr, he, hu, it, pl, ro, ru, sq, tr. (Since 2006 on German Wikipedia, with >69.000 edits), look at details

Thank you! --Euku 08:28, 14 Sēremōnaþ 2008 (UTC)

Already done. —Pathoschild 15:43:25, 01 Ēastermōnaþ 2011 (UTC)

CarsracBot[ādihtan fruman]

I would like to get a bot-flag on this wiki.

  • Operator: nl:User:Carsrac
  • Purpose: Interwiki links: It adds/modifies/deletes interwiki links.
  • Software: pywikipediabot framework via SVN
  • Already has bot flag on: nl, en, nap, sq, tr and many more look at this alternative page)

Thanks Carsrac 20:12, 1 Sēremōnaþ 2010 (UTC)

Already done. —Pathoschild 15:45:27, 01 Ēastermōnaþ 2011 (UTC)

Ptbotgourou[ādihtan fruman]

I would like to get a bot-flag on this wiki.

  • Operator: fr:User:Gdgourou
  • Purpose: Interwiki links: It adds/modifies/deletes interwiki links.
  • Software: pywikipediabot framework updated via SVN
  • Already has bot flag on: 32 wikis)

Thanks --Gdgourou 10:36, 4 Hāligmōnaþ 2008 (UTC)

Symbol oppose vote.svg Oppose --Budelberger 21:00, 24 Winterfylleþ 2008 (UTC) (Flag of France.svg).
A local bot flag is no longer needed; this is a global bot, and this wiki recently enabled global bots. —Pathoschild 15:47:30, 01 Ēastermōnaþ 2011 (UTC)

Synthebot[ādihtan fruman]

Dear all, this is to request a bot flag for Synthebot. Its technical information is summarized below.

  • Operator: Julian Mendez
  • Automatic or Manually Assisted: mostly automatic in autonomous mode; sometimes manually assisted to solve interwiki conflicts
  • Programming Language(s): pywikipedia
  • Function Summary: interwiki links
  • Already has a bot flag on: more than 80 wikipedias, see SUL table

Further technical information is available on its main page. Thank you in advance. Regards, --Julian 12:40, 18 Hāligmōnaþ 2008 (UTC)

Already done. —Pathoschild 15:49:52, 01 Ēastermōnaþ 2011 (UTC)

GhalyBot[ādihtan fruman]

I would like to ask for a Bot flag for GhalyBot

Thank you ! ------Ghaly 10:39, 22 Hrēþmōnaþ 2009 (UTC)


This bot have Global Bot. Manuelt15 22:07, 19 Hrēþmōnaþ 2011 (UTC)

LucienBOT[ādihtan fruman]

I would like to ask for a Bot flag for LucienBOT

Thank you ! --Lucien leGrey 21:04, 6 Solmōnaþ 2010 (UTC)


Already done. Manuelt15 22:06, 19 Hrēþmōnaþ 2011 (UTC)

Egmontbot[ādihtan fruman]

I would like to ask for a Bot flag for Egmontbot

  • Operator: *Function: interwiki
  • Operation: assisted
  • Software: pywikipediabot
  • Has bot flags on: 41 wikis: an, ar, arz, bat-smg, be-x-old, bg, bn, br, bs, ca, cs, el, eo, es, et, eu, fa, fi, gl, he, hr, hu, it, ka, lv, mhr, mk, ms, oc, pnt, ru, sh, simple, sk, sl, sq, sw, th, tr, vo, zh (verify)

Regards. --Egmontaz 10:59, 26 Ēastermōnaþ 2010 (UTC)


Already done. Manuelt15 22:06, 19 Hrēþmōnaþ 2011 (UTC)

WikitanvirBot[ādihtan fruman]

  • Operator  : Wikitanvir
  • Automatic or Manually Assisted : Automatic
  • Programming Language(s)  : Python (pywikipedia)
  • Function Summary  : Interwiki
  • Edit period(s)  : Daily
  • Edit rate requested  : 2/3 edits per minute at most
  • Already has a bot flag (Y/N)  : Yes, see here
  • Function Details  : Bot will patrol recent changes and new pages, and add, remove, or modify interwiki links in autonomous mode.

Currently doing some test edits. Notify me if there is a problem. — Tanvir • 05:12, 3 Winterfylleþ 2010 (UTC)


This bot have Global Bot flag. Manuelt15 22:05, 19 Hrēþmōnaþ 2011 (UTC)

CocuBot[ādihtan fruman]

  • Operator  : Cocu
  • Automatic or Manually Assisted : Automatic
  • Programming Language(s)  : Python (pywikipedia)
  • Function Summary  : Interwiki
  • Edit period(s)  : Daily
  • Edit rate requested  : 2/3 edits per minute at most
  • Already has a bot flag (Y/N)  : Yes, see here
  • Function Details  : Bot will add interwiki links in the main and category namespace, and own userpage.

Currently doing some test edits. Notify me if there is a problem. --Cocu 17:18, 21 Þrimilcemōnaþ 2011 (UTC)

Done. Jafeluv 10:40, 15 Sēremōnaþ 2011 (UTC)

HiW-Bot[ādihtan fruman]

  • Operator  : Hedwig in Washington
  • Automatic or Manually Assisted : automatic
  • Programming Language(s)  : Python (pywikipedia), daily update
  • Function Summary  : Interwiki, Internationalization by removing chaos in Babel so it can be used properly and easy. Double redirects will be added shortly
  • Already has a bot flag (Y/N)  : Yes, DE, EN, AR, NN and LB, others pending see here
  • Function Details  : just using the standard interwiki.py; parameters: -auto -all - log -catr

I humbly request bot status on this wiki in order to update Interwiki, and improve Internationalization by removing chaos in Babel so it can be used properly and easy by everyone.

Thank you for consideration! --Hedwig in Washington 06:35, 1 Hāligmōnaþ 2011 (UTC)

Addihockey10 (automated)[ādihtan fruman]

Minsbot[ādihtan fruman]

Middle Engglisce Test Wikipedia[ādihtan fruman]

Here. That's all I know. Rich Farmbrough 19:12 19 Hrēþmōnaþ 2006 (UTC).

It seems to have been moved to here, though it has yet to take off. --Saforrest 22:17, 3 Wēodmōnaþ 2007 (UTC)

Preparation of Fundraiser 2007[ādihtan fruman]

Hi, this is just a first introduction message to tell you: there is more to come. I am dealing with the Project Management of the Fundraiser 2007 and therefore will search for contacts of wikimedians who can help us to do our tasks on all projects. I am actually also building the structure for the fundraiser on Meta. We will need people who help to design buttons, translate texts of buttons, documents, sitenotices etc. Should you feel you want to co-operate please let me know. You can reach me on my meta user page or by e-mail at scretella (at) wikimedia (dot) org. If you wish to notify us that you would like to co-operate on translations, it would be nice if you used e-mail and copied the e-mail to me and Aphaia (aphaia (at) gmail (dot) com). Thank you for your attention and I hope to meet you soon! Cheers :-) -- 1 September 2007 Sabine

Fundraiser 2007 – Buttons and Banners[ādihtan fruman]

We are searching for people who can help to design buttons and banners for the Fundraiser 2007 and of course they will be used also after that period. Also the translation of the texts and people who then work on the graphics to add these texts are needed.

You can find examples for buttons that are ready right now on this page on meta and some more info about the initiative here.

Of course, should you have further questions, please contact us. Thank you!!! – 12 september 2007 Sabine

This is a message posted to the Village Pump list on meta. Should it go in the wrong place on your wiki, please help by correcting the link on the page on meta.

Betawiki: better support for your language in MediaWiki[ādihtan fruman]

Dear community. I am writing to you to promote a special wiki called Betawiki. This wiki facilitates the localisation (l10n) of the MediaWiki interface. You may have changed many messages here on Wikipedia to use your language for your language profile, but if you would log in to for example the English language Wiktionary, you would not be able to use the interface as well translated as here. Infact, of the 1792 messages in the core of MediaWiki, 0 messages have been translated. Betawiki also supports the translation of messages of over 75 extensions, with 981 messages.

If you wish to contribute to better support of your language in MediaWiki, as well as for many MediaWiki extensions, please visit Betawiki, create an account and request translator priviledges. You can see the current status of localisation of your language on meta and do not forget to get in touch with others that may already be working on your language on Betawiki.

If you have any further questions, please let me know on my talk page on Betawiki. We will try and assist you as much as possible, for example by importing all messages from a local wiki for you to start with, if you so desire.

You can also find us on the Freenode IRC network in the channel #mediawiki-i18n where we would be happy to help you get started.

Thank you very much for your attention and I do hope to see some of you on Betawiki soon! Cheers! Siebrand@Betawiki 09:28, 20 Hāligmōnaþ 2007 (UTC)

Election Notice, Please Translate[ādihtan fruman]

The 2008 Board election committee announces the 2008 election process. Wikimedians will have the opportunity to elect one candidate from the Wikimedia community to serve as a representative on the Board of Trustees. The successful candidate will serve a one-year term, ending in July 2009.

Candidates may nominate themselves for election between May 8 and May 22, and the voting will occur between 1 June and 21 June. For more information on the voting and candidate requirements, see <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2008>.

The voting system to be used in this election has not yet been confirmed, however voting will be by secret ballot, and confidentiality will be strictly maintained.

Votes will again be cast and counted on a server owned by an independent, neutral third party, Software in the Public Interest (SPI). SPI will hold cryptographic keys and be responsible for tallying the votes and providing final vote counts to the Election Committee. SPI provided excellent help during the 2007 elections.

Further information can be found at <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2008/en>. Questions may be directed to the Election Committee at <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Board_elections/2008/en>. If you are interested in translating official election pages into your own language, please see <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2008/Translation>.

For the election committee,
Philippe Beaudette

Meetup about and around less resourced languages[ādihtan fruman]

Hi, some of you might already know that we are going to have a meeting about and around less resourced languages on 31st of May 2008, which among others involves the Wikimedia projects, in particular Wikipedia. For most less resourced languages Wikipedia is the first collaborative project. We will talk also about tools, like Apertium which can help a lot, and about Betawiki for the localization of the User Interface of not only Wikipedias, but all Mediawiki projects in general. Furthermore you will be able to know about activities like the Open Nursery project which collects and creates contents, concentrating on less resourced languages, how elders work together with young people to keep their language alive, about kids in Africa who may not use their mother tongue at school. You will have the possibility to watch videos about topics which reach from how the UN and UNESCO see the actual language pictures to projects like a grammar checking engine, a successful localization project and some more topics.

Of course, all of you are invited to meet up with us in Cherasco (yes, there is a Wiki-Camp available) and those who cannot come are invited to follow us on web-tv (we are not sure now if we will be live or if the presentations will be online as soon as possible after they are on, but in any case you will be able to watch or the videos with relevant information or see us live.

  • Click here for the programme of the 31st of May
  • Click here for information about lodging and travel
  • Click here for the programme from 21st May to 1st June
  • Click here to watch the WEB-TV (right now there are just two videos, one slide show and the information for the wiki camp online – we are still working on the actuall programming for the conference)

Well there is one more thing to tell you/to ask: of course it is very relevant for us as a foundation to know about the actual needs in your language community, why you find the projects you contribute to useful, what are your personal goals. You can post your comments under the programme of 31st May or send an e-mail with your notes to info [at] voxhumanitatis.org. Please note that Vox Humanitatis is non-politica. More info about us can be found at our website where you also find the projects we support, a link to our scope and a link to our members.

Should you have any questions or need further information, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for your attention and we hope to meet you soon!

Cheers :-) --SabineCretella 20:52, 28 Ēastermōnaþ 2008 (UTC)

Betawiki update[ādihtan fruman]

  • Currently 25.81% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.86% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 13:47, 8 Sēremōnaþ 2008 (UTC)
  • Currently 24.99% of the MediaWiki messages and 24.99% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 07:38, 2 Wēodmōnaþ 2008 (UTC)
  • Currently 22.27% of the MediaWiki messages and 1.57% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 07:55, 12 Winterfylleþ 2008 (UTC)
  • Currently 22.34% of the MediaWiki messages and 1.26% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 21:29, 9 Blōtmōnaþ 2008 (UTC)
  • Currently 21.99% of the MediaWiki messages and 1.32% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 09:20, 14 Gēolmōnaþ 2008 (UTC)
  • Currently 21.85% of the MediaWiki messages and 1.31% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at Betawiki. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 09:44, 10 Se Æfterra Gēola 2009 (UTC)
PS Please help us complete the most wanted messages..

Manual for new and small Wikipedias[ādihtan fruman]

Hello, at Meta there is the project of a Manual to help new and small Wikipedias, and a set of Wikipedia pages and help pages every Wikipedia should have. You gained experience in these questions when building up your language edition, and I would like you to have a look and comment. Kind regards --Ziko 11:30, 9 Wēodmōnaþ 2008 (UTC)

New UK wikimedia chapter[ādihtan fruman]

A plan is in the works to found a new UK chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation, and we are currently gathering support from the community. If you are interesting in being part of this new UK chapter as a member, a board member or as someone with a general interest in the chapter, please head over to m:Wikimedia UK v2.0 and let us know. We also welcome help in making finishing touches to the plans. An election will be held shortly for the initial board, who will oversee the process of founding the company and accepting membership applications. They will then call an AGM to formally elect a new board, which will take the chapter forward, starting to raise funds and generally supporting the Wikimedia community in the UK. Geni 23:31, 29 Wēodmōnaþ 2008 (UTC)

Bot policy[ādihtan fruman]

Hello. To facilitate steward granting of bot access, I suggest implementing the standard bot policy on this wiki. In particular, this policy allows stewards to automatically flag known interlanguage linking bots (if this page says that is acceptable), which form the vast majority of such requests. The policy also enables global bots on this wiki (if this page says that is acceptable), which are trusted bots that will be given bot access on every wiki that allows global bots.

This policy makes bot access requesting much easier for local users, operators, and stewards. To implement it we only need to create a redirect to this page from Project:Bot policy, and add a line at the top noting that it is used here. Please read the text at m:Bot policy before commenting. If you object, please say so; I hope to implement soon if there is no objection, since it is particularly written to streamline bot requests on wikis with little or no community interested in bot access requests. —Pathoschild 17:56:27, 27 Hāligmōnaþ 2008 (UTC)

Done. —Pathoschild 22:53:54, 04 Winterfylleþ 2008 (UTC)

The most often used MediaWiki messages[ādihtan fruman]

Hoi, the most often used MediaWiki messages (less than 25% of all MediaWiki messages) are the most visible messages. They help our readers and editors the most. We are aiming to get these messages localised for as many languages as possible by the end of the year. Please help us and yourself and localise these messages. Thanks, GerardM 10:18, 17 Blōtmōnaþ 2008 (UTC)

Hi, I wish to change the name of this page[ādihtan fruman]

Hi, Hi, I'd like to rename the "Help" page "Helpe" (which is Old English, but is still fully understandable to a Modern English speaker).

What do the mods and suchlike say?

Gottistgut 05:12, 7 Solmōnaþ 2009 (UTC)

I dont really see the point, unless it is determined that helpe is more correct as a noun, than help. If they're equal, then it's pointless (armor/armour...) — ᚹᚩᛞᛖᚾᚻᛖᛚᛗ 04:20, 8 Solmōnaþ 2009 (UTC)

Ah, sorry, point taken. Although I know that Old English did not have highly uniform spelling, it hadn't yet occurred to me that "help" was one of the ways that the Anglo-Saxons spelt "help" as I learned it as "helpe" (a fem weak noun) and not "help" (strong masc noun).

Gottistgut 02:07, 9 Solmōnaþ 2009 (UTC)

forhwæga gewrit gecyrrednyss[ādihtan fruman]

Hello,

mid þæm þe Chinese Wikipedia, þes wiki sceolde habban autōmatic modstaðol gecyrrednyss. --Jagwar 04:48, 21 Sēremōnaþ 2009 (UTC)

The LocalisationUpdate extension has gone live[ādihtan fruman]

The LocalisationUpdate extension is now enabled for all Wikimedia projects. From now on new localisations that become available in SVN will become available to your project within *** hours. Your localisations get into SVN from translatewiki.net typically within a day and at worst in two days. This is a huge improvement from the old practice where the localisations became available with new software. This could take weeks, even months.

The localisations done by our community at translatewiki.net are committed to SVN typically every day. When the system messages in English are the same as the local messages, they will now be inserted in a file and are available for use in all our projects in a timely manner

What this means for you[ādihtan fruman]

Local messages have an impact on the performance of our system. It is best when messages are as much as possible part of the system messages. In order to remove unnecessary duplication, all the messages that have a local localisation and are exactly the same as the system message will be removed. What we ask you to do is to compare and proof read the messages in translatewiki.net and the local messages. You can then either remove local messages when the translatewiki.net message is to be preferred or, you can update the message at translatewiki.net.

Messages that are specific to your project will have to stay as they are. You do want to check if the format and the variables of the message are still the same.

Why localise at translatewiki.net[ādihtan fruman]

When you localise at translatewiki.net, your messages will be used in all Wikimedia projects and eventually in all MediaWiki based projects. This is how we provide the standard support for your language. When messages change, at translatewiki.net you will be prompted to revisit your translations. Localising is more efficient because we have innovated the process to make you more efficient; there is text explaining about messages and we have applied AJAX technology to reduce the number of clicks you have to make.

Translatewiki.net update[ādihtan fruman]

  • Currently 19.13% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.26% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 13:40, 28 Hāligmōnaþ 2009 (UTC)
  • Currently 18.92% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.25% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 09:26, 1 Blōtmōnaþ 2009 (UTC)
  • Currently 19.34% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.26% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 13:56, 30 Blōtmōnaþ 2009 (UTC)
  • Currently 19.29% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.26% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 13:04, 4 Se Æfterra Gēola 2010 (UTC)

How can we improve the usability for your language[ādihtan fruman]

We expect that with the implementation of LocalisationUpdate the usability of MediaWiki for your language will improve. We are now ready to look at other aspects of usability for your language as well. There are two questions we would like you to answer: Are there issues with the new functionality of the Usability Initiative Does MediaWiki support your language properly

The best way to answer the first question is to visit the translatewiki.net. Change the language to your language, select the “vector” skin and add the advanced tool bar in in the preferences and check out the new functionality. And make some changes in your user page. When there is a need to improve on the localisation, please make the necessary changess . It should update your localisation straight away. We would like you to report each issue individually at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Usability_issues.

When there are problems with the support of MediaWiki for your language, we really want to know about this. It is best to report each issue separately. In this way there will be no large mass of issues to resolve but we can address each issue on its own. Consider issues with the display of characters, the presentation of your script, the position of the side bar, the combination of text with other languages, scripts. It is best to try this in an environment like the prototype wiki as it provides you with a clean, basic and up to date environment. The prototype wiki is available for five languages but you can select any of them, change the preferences to your language and test out MediaWiki for your language.

We would like you to report each issue individually at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Language issues. The issues you raise will all be assessed. It is important to keep each issue separate, because this will make it easier to understand the issues and find solutions.

PS This text has been approved by Naoko, Brion and Siebrand. Thanks, GerardM 13:40, 28 Hāligmōnaþ 2009 (UTC)

MediaWiki:Disambiguationspage[ādihtan fruman]

Would you please check whether Template:Geodis is a disambiguation template. If so, please add a link to this template onto MediaWiki:Disambiguationspage. This would enable bots to recognize whether a page is a disambig page or not. Thanks in advance. -- @xqt 17:17, 20 Solmōnaþ 2010 (UTC)

Done: sorry for the wait. fr33kman -simpleWP- 11:17, 21 Blōtmōnaþ 2010 (UTC)

Fundraising 2010[ādihtan fruman]

Hello Wikimedians,

As many of you are aware, we are now two months away from the Fundraiser for the Wikimedia Foundation, 2010. We have lofty goals, and we can meet them and exceed them!

The meta translators are already actively engaged in the annual drive to distribute our messages and we encourage you to do the same, but we would like to point everyone to the developments we've made in banner messages- from creation to commentary to the ones that will go live for test and for the drive itself in November. It's one of our goals to make sure that all volunteers know that there is a place for them in the Fundraising drive. We've started the setup on meta for both banner submission, statistical analysis, and grouping volunteers together that would like to find specific focus and work in that area.

This year the Wikimedia Foundation is taking a proactive stance in reaching out to each and every Wikimedia project and volunteer to find innovation, collaboration, and collation of ideas from the community driven process. The staff working on this is comprised of long-time Wikimedians with as much care and concern for the success of this drive as the volunteers, and we want you to actively participate and have a voice.

Use the talk pages on meta, talk to your local communities, talk to others, talk to us. Engagement is what we strive for, without each other we would never had made Wikimedia succeed. Everyone is welcome to contact any of us on staff at any time with a timely response to follow. We actively encourage focusing discussion on meta so we can all work together.

Please translate this message into your language if you can and post it below.

See you on the wiki! Keegan, WMF Fundraiser 2010 04:58, 6 Hāligmōnaþ 2010 (UTC)

Fundraising and your wiki[ādihtan fruman]

Greetings, please translate this message if you can.

Fundraising 2010 is preparing to start, and we want your project to be a part of the global movement to support free knowledge. The Wikimedia Foundation is engaging with local communities that build the projects to play an active part in this year's fundraiser. This year we will be working to best serve all the language communities by providing messages that are best suited for each location.

To do this, we need your help. We are testing messages and we want to be sure that our messages will work with your language. If it does not and your community can come up with your own banner in the spirit of supporting free knowledge, we invite you to submit your proposals and be active in this process. Wikimedia is for you, join us in supporting free knowledge in your local community! Keegan, WMF Fundraiser 2010 04:30, 15 Hāligmōnaþ 2010 (UTC)

Āƿendunȝ is hēr:
Ƿesaþ hāl. Bidde hƿǣm cann tō āƿendenne þis ǣrend.
Fundraising 2010 ƿierþ nū ȝearu tō ƿesenne underȝunnen, and ƿē ƿillaþ ēoƿer ȝeƿeorc tō :ƿesenne dǣl þǣre ƿoruldƿīdan forðunȝe tō aƿreðienne frēo ȝeƿitnesse. Þæt Ƿikimedia Foundation is ƿyrcende :andefen stōƿlicum ȝemǣnscipum þā timbriaþ þā ȝeƿeorc tō dōnne dǣda on þisses ȝēares ȝyldascunȝe. Þissum ȝēare :ƿē ƿyrcaþ tō þeȝnienne betst eallum þǣm sprǣcȝemǣnscipum þurh þæt ƿē ȝieldan ǣrend þā sind ȝehæpost ǣlcre :stōƿlicnesse.
Ȝif ƿē sīen tō dōnne þis, ƿē þurfon þīnes helpes. Ƿē nū costniaþ ǣrend and ƿē :ƿillaþ cnāƿan sōþlīce ȝif þās ǣrend sīen ȝenȝu on ēoƿerre sprǣce. Ȝif hīe ne dōn, and ēoƿer ȝemǣnscipe cunne :forðian ēoƿer āȝne cumbol þe ȝǣþ andefen þæs ȝāstes þe āƿreðaþ frēo and uncēape ȝeƿitnesse, þonne ƿē abēodaþ :ēoƿ tō ȝieldenne ēoƿera foresetnessa and tō ƿyrcenne fæste on þissum ƿeorce. Ƿikimedia is ēoƿ; þæs, :efenƿyrcaþ mid ūs tō aƿreðienne frēo and uncēape ȝeƿitnesse on ēoƿerum stōƿlican ȝemǣnscipe!  :Keegan, WMF Fundraiser 2010 04:30, 15 Hāligmōnaþ 2010 (UTC)

Beat Jimmy[ādihtan fruman]

Please translate this message.

The Fundraising Committee is issuing all interested community members a challenge: we want you to beat Jimmy. The appeal from Jimmy Wales and the corresponding banner have been tested head-to-head with other successful banners, and the results are clear: it's our best performing message... by a lot. This year we have a lofty fundraising goal; we need all of our banners to bring in donations like the Jimmy Appeal, but no one wants to keep the Jimmy banner up for two months. We want to run donor quotes, and other wonderful ideas, but we have to have banners that work as well as or better than the Jimmy appeal.

We've just released the highlights from a donor focus group, and the results of our donor survey. With one month to the launch of the fundraiser, the messages we test must be driven by data from our tests and surveys - we can no longer rely on instinct alone.

We've redesigned our fundraising meta pages with the Jimmy challenge; check out the survey results and propose/discuss banners that reflect these findings. Add the banners you think will 'beat Jimmy' here to be tested Tuesday October 12 against Jimmy. Keegan, WMF Fundraiser 2010 02:12, 8 Winterfylleþ 2010 (UTC)

Multilingual Challenge[ādihtan fruman]

Please help: replace this red text with a translation of the English message below. Thank you!
Announcing the Derby Multilingual Challenge

This is the first multilingual Wikipedia collaboration. All Wikipedians can take part, in any Wikipedia language. The challenge runs from 1 May until 3 September 2011.
Sign up now!
" Wikipedia is particularly pleased to see that Derby Museums are encouraging the creation of articles in languages other than English." (Jimmy Wales, 14 January 2011)


Call for image filter referendum[ādihtan fruman]

The Wikimedia Foundation, at the direction of the Board of Trustees, will be holding a vote to determine whether members of the community support the creation and usage of an opt-in personal image filter, which would allow readers to voluntarily screen particular types of images strictly for their own account.

Further details and educational materials will be available shortly. The referendum is scheduled for 12-27 August, 2011, and will be conducted on servers hosted by a neutral third party. Referendum details, officials, voting requirements, and supporting materials will be posted at Meta:Image filter referendum shortly.

Sorry for delivering you a message in English. Please help translate the pages on the referendum on Meta and join the translators mailing list.

For the coordinating committee,
Philippe (WMF)
Cbrown1023
Risker
Mardetanha
PeterSymonds
Robert Harris

Language support group for Old English[ādihtan fruman]

The Wikimedia Foundation has brought together a new team of developers who are dedicated to language support. This team is to support all the languages and consequently it is not realistic to expect that the team members can provide proper support for your language. It is for this reason that we are looking for volunteers who will make up a language support team.

This language support team will be asked to provide us with information about their language. Such information may need to be provided either to us or on a website that we will indicate to you. Another activity will be to test software that will likely have an effect on the running of the MediaWiki software. We are looking for people who clearly identify their ability. Formal knowledge is definitely appreciated.

As much of the activity will be concentrated on translatewiki.net, it will be a plus when team members know how to localise at translatewiki.net. Thanks, Gmeijssen 04:53, 15 Winterfylleþ 2011 (UTC)


Terms of Use update[ādihtan fruman]

I apologize that you are receiving this message in English. Please help translate it.

Hello,

The Wikimedia Foundation is discussing changes to its Terms of Use. The discussion can be found at Talk:Terms of use. Everyone is invited to join in. Because the new version of Terms of use is not in final form, we are not able to present official translations of it. Volunteers are welcome to translate it, as German volunteers have done at m:Terms of use/de, but we ask that you note at the top that the translation is unofficial and may become outdated as the English version is changed. The translation request can be found at m:Translation requests/WMF/Terms of Use 2 -- Maggie Dennis, Community Liaison 22:05, 21 Winterfylleþ 2011 (UTC)

2011 Fundraising Is Almost Here[ādihtan fruman]

Wikimedia Foundation RGB logo with text.svg

Hello Wikipedians, my name is Alex and I am working for the Wikimedia Foundation during the 2011 Fundraiser. This year's fundraiser is intended to be a collaborative and global effort; we recognize that messages which may perform well in the United States don't necessarily translate well, or appeal to international audiences.

I'm contacting you as I am currently looking for volunteers who are willing to contribute to this project by helping translate and localize messages into your local language, suggesting community appeals for us to use, and to provide us with feedback on the Fundraising Meta Page. We've started the setup on meta for both translation, statistical analysis, and local discussion and testing. We actively encourage focusing discussion on meta so we can all work together.
Use the talk pages on meta, talk to your local communities, talk to others, talk to us. Engagement is what we strive for, without each other we would never had made Wikimedia succeed. The staff working on this fundraiser is comprised of long-time Wikimedians with as much care and concern for the success of this drive as the volunteers, and we want you to actively participate and have a voice. Everyone is welcome to contact any of us on staff at any time with a timely response to follow. I look forward to working with you during this year's fundraiser.

If someone could translate this message I would really appreciate it so that everyone is able to understand our goals and contribute to this year's campaign.
Azariv 19:27, 31 Winterfylleþ 2011 (UTC)


Open Call for 2012 Wikimedia Fellowship Applicants[ādihtan fruman]

Wikimedia Foundation RGB logo with text.svg

I apologize that you are receiving this message in English. Please help translate it.

  • Do you want to help attract new contributors to Wikimedia projects?
  • Do you want to improve retention of our existing editors?
  • Do you want to strengthen our community by diversifying its base and increasing the overall number of excellent participants around the world?

The Wikimedia Foundation is seeking Community Fellows and project ideas for the Community Fellowship Program. A Fellowship is a temporary position at the Wikimedia Foundation in order to work on a specific project or set of projects. Submissions for 2012 are encouraged to focus on the theme of improving editor retention and increasing participation in Wikimedia projects. If interested, please submit a project idea or apply to be a fellow by January 15, 2012. Please visit https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Fellowships for more information.

Thanks!

--Siko Bouterse, Head of Community Fellowships, Wikimedia Foundation 12:45, 21 Gēolmōnaþ 2011 (UTC)

Distributed via Global message delivery. (Wrong page? Fix here.)

Announcing Wikipedia 1.19 beta[ādihtan fruman]

Wikimedia Foundation is getting ready to push out 1.19 to all the WMF-hosted wikis. As we finish wrapping up our code review, you can test the new version right now on beta.wmflabs.org. For more information, please read the release notes or the start of the final announcement.

The following are the areas that you will probably be most interested in:

  • Faster loading of javascript files makes dependency tracking more important.
  • New common*.css files usable by skins instead of having to copy piles of generic styles from MonoBook or Vector's css.
  • The default user signature now contains a talk link in addition to the user link.
  • Searching blocked usernames in block log is now clearer.
  • Better timezone recognition in user preferences.
  • Improved diff readability for colorblind people.
  • The interwiki links table can now be accessed also when the interwiki cache is used (used in the API and the Interwiki extension).
  • More gender support (for instance in logs and user lists).
  • Language converter improved, e.g. it now works depending on the page content language.
  • Time and number-formatting magic words also now depend on the page content language.
  • Bidirectional support further improved after 1.18.

Report any problems on the labs beta wiki and we'll work to address them before they software is released to the production wikis.

Note that this cluster does have SUL but it is not integrated with SUL in production, so you'll need to create another account. You should avoid using the same password as you use here. — Global message delivery 23:55, 14 Se Æfterra Gēola 2012 (UTC)

MediaWiki 1.19[ādihtan fruman]

(Apologies if this message isn't in your language.) The Wikimedia Foundation is planning to upgrade MediaWiki (the software powering this wiki) to its latest version this month. You can help to test it before it is enabled, to avoid disruption and breakage. More information is available in the full announcement. Thank you for your understanding.

Guillaume Paumier, via the Global message delivery system (wrong page? You can fix it.). 13:25, 12 Solmōnaþ 2012 (UTC)

Update on IPv6[ādihtan fruman]

Wikimedia Foundation RGB logo with text.svg

(Apologies if this message isn't in your language. Please consider translating it, as well as the full version of this announcement on Meta)

The Wikimedia Foundation is planning to do limited testing of IPv6 on June 2-3. If there are not too many problems, we may fully enable IPv6 on World IPv6 day (June 6), and keep it enabled.

What this means for your project:

  • At least on June 2-3, 2012, you may see a small number of edits from IPv6 addresses, which are in the form "2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334". See e.g. w:en:IPv6 address. These addresses should behave like any other IP address: You can leave messages on their talk pages; you can track their contributions; you can block them. (See the full version of this announcement for notes on range blocks.)
  • In the mid term, some user scripts and tools will need to be adapted for IPv6.
  • We suspect that IPv6 usage is going to be very low initially, meaning that abuse should be manageable, and we will assist in the monitoring of the situation.

Read the full version of this announcement on how to test the behavior of IPv6 with various tools and how to leave bug reports, and to find a fuller analysis of the implications of the IPv6 migration.

--Erik Möller, VP of Engineering and Product Development, Wikimedia Foundation 00:41, 2 Sēremōnaþ 2012 (UTC)

Distributed via Global message delivery. (Wrong page? Fix here.)

2011 Picture of the Year competition[ādihtan fruman]

македонскиnorskpolski

Dear Wikimedians,

Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2011 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We are interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year 2011. Any user registered at Commons or a Wikimedia wiki SUL-related to Commons with more than 75 edits before 1 April 2012 (UTC) is welcome to vote and, of course everyone is welcome to view!

Detailed information about the contest can be found at the introductory page.

About 600 of the best of Wikimedia Common's photos, animations, movies and graphics were chosen –by the international Wikimedia Commons community– out of 12 million files during 2011 and are now called Featured Pictures.

From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons Features Pictures of all flavors.

For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories.

We regret that you receive this message in English; we intended to use banners to notify you in your native language but there was both, human and technical resistance.

See you on Commons! --Picture of the Year 2011 Committee 18:01, 5 Sēremōnaþ 2012 (UTC)

Distributed via Global message delivery. (Wrong page? Fix here.)

Help decide about more than $10 million of Wikimedia donations in the coming year[ādihtan fruman]

Wikimedia Foundation RGB logo with text.svg

(Apologies if this message isn't in your language. Please consider translating it)

Hi,

As many of you are aware, the Wikimedia Board of Trustees recently initiated important changes in the way that money is being distributed within the Wikimedia movement. As part of this, a new community-led "Funds Dissemination Committee" (FDC) is currently being set up. Already in 2012-13, its recommendations will guide the decisions about the distribution of over 10 million US dollars among the Foundation, chapters and other eligible entities.

Now, seven capable, knowledgeable and trustworthy community members are sought to volunteer on the initial Funds Dissemination Committee. It is expected to take up its work in September. In addition, a community member is sought to be the Ombudsperson for the FDC process. If you are interested in joining the committee, read the call for volunteers. Nominations are planned to close on August 15.

--Anasuya Sengupta, Director of Global Learning and Grantmaking, Wikimedia Foundation 19:50, 19 Mǣdmōnaþ 2012 (UTC)

Distributed via Global message delivery. (Wrong page? Fix here.)

A New Administrator[ādihtan fruman]

I am writing this message in Modern English in favour of those who cannot read Old English and for people from different wikis.

I am Orel Beilinson, a linguist and a lecturer of Linguistics. I have requested to get sysop right to this wiki and to other Old English wikis. Please let me know if you support or object my request. --Orel Beilinson (talk) 12:42, 30 Mǣdmōnaþ 2012 (UTC)

Could you please write your message in the local language too, in favour of those who oppose the Norman invasion? --129.125.102.126 01:47, 4 Wēodmōnaþ 2012 (UTC)
Ic lufie se infaru! Lædenspræc geíeðraþ Englisc![1]. --Orel Beilinson (talk) 08:38, 4 Wēodmōnaþ 2012 (UTC)
Could you please hold your request to become an administrator until you (as "a linguist and a lecturer of Linguistics") have determined whether your verb use is correct? Past particles started with "ge-" (retained in (High) German and Dutch, but dropped too in Low Saxon/German), but as far as I know, the past tense never had that prefix. --129.125.102.126 21:37, 4 Wēodmōnaþ 2012 (UTC)
To repeat: Could you please write your message in the local language? If you can't write your message in the local language, could you explain why you are more qualified than any random kid in England or north-eastern Germany. --129.125.102.126 21:37, 4 Wēodmōnaþ 2012 (UTC)
  1. not sure about verb use here, correct me if I'm wrong