Jump to navigation Jump to search
Getæl nīwra worda and earfoðra worda[ādihtan fruman]
DO NOT DELETE THIS SECTION
Note that in this list: "ȝ"=IPA "j", "ċ"=IPA "t͡ʃ", "sċ"=IPA "ʃ", and "ċȝ"=IPA "d͡ːʒ".
Note that etymologies or rationales for the Old English neologisms should be put after the Modern English translation in square brackets, like so:
Abbreviations used are: sm/sn/sf = strong masculine/neuter/feminine; wm/wn/wf = weak masculine/neuter/feminine; indecm/indecn/indecf = indeclinable masculine/neuter/feminine; w-dec. = w-declension; u-dec. = u declension; i-mut. = i-mutated; pl. = plural; aj = adjective; desc. = modifier for a noun (a "describer") other than an adjective; av = adverb; w1/w2/w3 = weak verb class; s1/s2/.../s7b = strong verb class.
- aþenċend (sm) - inventor [aþenċan - "to devise"+productive nominal suffix -end - "-er, person who does something"]
- Budding (sm) - Buddhist [calque/borrowing of "Buddhist"]
- efenstaðoliend (sm) - co-founder [efen - "equal, co-"+staðolian - "to found, to establish"+productive nominal suffix -end - "-er, person who does something"]
- Ȝeānedrīċisċ (aj) - American, of the United States of America ["United-State-ish"]
- hēafodmann (i-mut. sm) - chairman [authentic with meaning of "captain, chief"]
- hēafodwīsa (wm) - head executive officer, managing director [hēafod - "head, main"+wīsa - "leader, guide"]
- onginnmann (sn) - entrepreneur [onginn - "undertaking"+mann - "person"]
- spearctellend (sm) - computer [spearca - "spark, electricity (new sense)"+tellan - "count, calculate"+productive nominal suffix -end - "-er, something that does an action"]
- wīsa (wm) - director [authencic with meaning of "leader, guide"]
- wīsenaȝemōt (sm) - board of directors [wīsa - "leader, guide"+ȝemōt - "council, meeting"]