Jump to navigation Jump to search
Getæl nīwra worda and earfoðra worda[ādihtan fruman]
DO NOT DELETE THIS SECTION
Note that in this list: "ȝ"=IPA "j", "ċ"=IPA "t͡ʃ", "sċ"=IPA "ʃ", and "ċȝ"=IPA "d͡ːʒ".
Note that etymologies or rationales for the Old English neologisms should be put after the Modern English translation in square brackets, like so:
Abbreviations used are: sm/sn/sf = strong masculine/neuter/feminine; wm/wn/wf = weak masculine/neuter/feminine; indecm/indecn/indecf = indeclinable masculine/neuter/feminine; w-dec. = w-declension; u-dec. = u declension; i-mut. = i-mutated; pl. = plural; aj = adjective; desc. = modifier for a noun (a "describer") other than an adjective; av = adverb; w1/w2/w3 = weak verb class; s1/s2/.../s7b = strong verb class.
- efencleowen (sn) - puck ["flat ball"]
- ȝetælȝeat (sn) - goal ["count gate"]
- hēap (sm) - sports team [authentic with meaning of "group of people"]
- hēappleȝa (wm) - team sport [calque of "team sport"]
- hociȝ (sn) - hockey [borrowed from Modern English]
- pleȝa (wm) - sport [authentic]