Mōtung:Hameldūn (Nīwe Sǣland)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Getæl nīwra worda and earfoðra worda[adiht fruman]
DO NOT DELETE THIS SECTION
Note that in this list: "ȝ"=IPA "j", "ċ"=IPA "t͡ʃ", "sċ"=IPA "ʃ", and "ċȝ"=IPA "d͡ːʒ".
Note that etymologies or rationales for the Old English neologisms should be put after the Modern English translation in square brackets, like so:
Abbreviations used are: sm/sn/sf = strong masculine/neuter/feminine; wm/wn/wf = weak masculine/neuter/feminine; indecm/indecn/indecf = indeclinable masculine/neuter/feminine; w-dec. = w-declension; u-dec. = u declension; i-mut. = i-mutated; pl. = plural; aj = adjective; desc. = modifier for a noun (a "describer") other than an adjective; av = adverb; w1/w2/w3 = weak verb class; s1/s2/.../s7b = strong verb class.
- burhstede (sm) - urban area ["city place"]
- Hameldūn (sf) - Hamilton [cognate to "Hamilton"]
- Nīwe (aj) Sǣland (sn) - New Zealand [calque of "New Zealand"]
- Norþīȝ (sf) - North Island [calque of "North Island"]
- Ƿæȝcatoēa (indecf) - Waikato River [calque of "Waikato River" with Anglo-Saxonized version of "Waikato"]
- Wæȝcatolandsċipe (m) - Waikato Region [calque of "Waikato Region" with Anglo-Saxonized version of "Waikato"]