Jump to navigation Jump to search
Getæl nīwra worda and earfoðra worda[ādihtan fruman]
DO NOT DELETE THIS SECTION
Note that in this list: "ȝ"=IPA "j", "ċ"=IPA "t͡ʃ", "sċ"=IPA "ʃ", and "ċȝ"=IPA "d͡ːʒ".
Note that etymologies or rationales for the Old English neologisms should be put after the Modern English translation in square brackets, like so:
Abbreviations used are: sm/sn/sf = strong masculine/neuter/feminine; wm/wn/wf = weak masculine/neuter/feminine; indecm/indecn/indecf = indeclinable masculine/neuter/feminine; w-dec. = w-declension; u-dec. = u declension; i-mut. = i-mutated; pl. = plural; aj = adjective; desc. = modifier for a noun (a "describer") other than an adjective; av = adverb; w1/w2/w3 = weak verb class; s1/s2/.../s7b = strong verb class.
- æfter (prep. +dat.) worddǣlum (sm dat. pl.) - literally, "according to each part of the word"
- Hēahþēodisċ (sn) - High German
- rīdan (1) ȳðe (sf acc.)/ȳða (sf acc. pl.) - surf, "ride a wave/waves"
- Sūþland (sn)- Australia, "Terra Australis"
- ȳþrīdend (sm) - surfer, "wave rider"
- ȳþrīdung (sf) - surfing, "wave riding"
- wǣȝbord (sn) (authentic, but with meaning "board on a ship") - surfboard
- wæterandwlitpleȝa (wm) - surface water sport