Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Þis geƿrit hæfþ ƿordcƿide on Nīƿenglisce.|
Se 13. dæg Þrimilcemōnþes is se 133. dæg þæs gēares in þǣre Gregoriscan gerīmbēc (se 134. in bises). Þǣr sind 232 belīfendra daga.
Belimpas[adiht | adiht fruman]
- 1497 - Alexander VI Pāpa excommunicates Girolamo Savonarola.
- 1568 - Battle of Langside: Marie I Scotta Cwēne fyrd is defeated by a confederacy of Scyttiscan Protestants under James Stewart, Earl of Moray, hiere healf-brēþer.
- 1607 - Jamestown, Virginia setlaþ menn swa Engliscu landbūnes.
- 1619 - Dutch statesman Johan van Oldenbarnevelt is executed in The Hague after having been accused of swīcdōm.
- 1779 - War of Bavarian Succession: Russiscan and Frenciscan mediators at the Congress of Teschen negotiate an end to the war. In the agreement Austria receives the part of its territory that was taken from them (the Inn District).
- 1787 - Arthur Phillip Sciphlāford segleþ fram Portesmūþan, Bryten ūt mid endleofen scipum full of convicts to establish a penal colony in Australie.
- 1830 - Ecuador gains its independence.
- 1846 - Mexican-American War: The United States declares war on Mexico.
- 1848 - First performance of Finland's national anthem.
- 1861 - Americanisc Ingefeoht: Uictoria Cwēn issues a "proclamation of neutrality" which recognizes the breakaway states as having belligerent rights.
- 1864 - Americanisc Ingefeoht: Battle of Resaca - the battle begins with Union General Sherman fighting toward Atlanta.
- 1865 - Americanisc Ingefeoht: Battle of Palmito Ranch - In far south Texas, more than a month after Confederate General Lee's surrender, the last land battle of the Civil War ends with a Union victory.
- 1880 - In Menlo Park, New Jersey, Thomas Edison performs the first test of his electric railway.
- 1888 - Brasil abolishes þēowdōm.
- 1912 - In the United Kingdom, the Royal Flying Corps (now the Royal Air Force) is established.
- 1913 - Igor Sikorsky becomes the first man to pilot a four-engine aircraft.
- 1917 - Three peasant children claim to see the Blessed Virgin Mary above a holmoak tree in Cova da Iria near Fatima, Portugal.
- 1940 - Ōðru Woruldgūþ: Þēodisclandes conquest of Francland begins as the Þēodisc here crosses the Mǣs. Churchill makes his "blood, tears, toil and sweat" speech to the House of Commons.
- 1940 - Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands flees the Natsi invasion in the Niðerland to Brytten. Princess Juliana takes her children to Canada for their safety.
- 1943 - Ōðru Woruldgūþ: Þēodisc Afrika Korps and Italiscan troops in Norþaffrice surrender to Allied forces.
- 1948 - 1948 Arab-Israeli War: The Kfar Etzion massacre is committed by Arab irregulars, the day before the declaration of independence of the state of Israhel on May 14.
- 1958 - During a visit to Caracas, Venezuela, Vice President Richard M. Nixon's car is attacked by anti-American demonstrators.
- 1958 - Pierre Pflimlin wierþ Fyrmestscealc Franclandes.
- 1958 - Velcro's trade mark is registered.
- 1960 - First ascent of Dhaulagiri, World's 7th-highest mountain.
- 1969 - Race riots in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, later known as the 13 May Incident.
- 1981 - Mehmet Ali Ağca attempts to assassinate Iohannes Paulus II Pāpa at St. Peter's Square in Rōme.
- 1985 - The Mayor of Philadelphia orders police to storm the radical group's MOVE headquarters to end a stand-off. The police drop an explosive device into the headquarters, killing 11 MOVE members and destroying the homes of 250 city residents in the resulting fire.
- 1995 - In Dublin, Ireland, Secret Garden win the fortieth Eurovision Song Contest for Norway performing "Nocturne".
- 1996 - Severe thunderstorms and a tornado in Bangladesh kill 600 people.
- 1997 - Shadow Warrior, a first-person shooter developed by 3D Realms, is released.
- 1998 - Following India's second round of nuclear tests the United States and Japan impose economic sanctions.
- 2000 - 22 people die after an explosion in a fireworks factory in Enschede, Netherlands.
- 2000 - At Fatima, Portugal, Iohannes Paulus II Pāpa reveals that the Third Secret given by the Blessed Virgin Mary to three Portuguese peasant children in 1917 was his own attempted assassination by Turkish gunman Mehmet Ali Agca in St Peters Square, Rome, on 13 May 1981. The apparitions at Fatima had commenced on 13 May 1917.
- 2000 - In Stockholm, Sweden, the Olsen Brothers win the forty-fifth Eurovision Song Contest for Denmark singing "Fly On The Wings of Love".
- 2000 - Britney Spears hosts Saturday Night Live for the first time.
Byrda[adiht | adiht fruman]
- 1655 - Innocent XIII Pāpa (d. 1724)
- 1699 - Marquis of Pombal, Portuguese prime minister (d. 1782)
- 1717 - Empress Maria Theresa of Austria (d. 1780)
- 1792 - Pope Pius IX (d. 1878)
- 1830 - Zebulon Baird Vance, three-time governor of North Carolina (d. 1894)
- 1840 - Alphonse Daudet, French novelist (d. 1897)
- 1842 - Arthur Sullivan of Gilbert and Sullivan, composer (d. 1900)
- 1882 - Georges Braque, painter (d. 1963)
- 1894 - Āsgeir Āsgeirsson, 2nd president of Īsland (d. 1972)
- 1907 - Dame Daphne du Maurier, author (d. 1989)
- 1913 - Gil Evans, jazz musician (d. 1988)
- 1914 - Joe Louis, boxer (d. 1981)
- 1923 - Bea Arthur, actress
- 1926 - Wallace Breem, author
- 1927 - Herbert Ross, director (d. 2001)
- 1931 - Jim Jones, cult leader (d. 1978)
- 1934 - Adolf Muschg, author
- 1934 - Leon Wagner, MLB All-Star (d. 2004)
- 1937 - Roch Carrier, Canadian novelist and National Librarian
- 1937 - Roger Zelazny, science fiction author (d. 1995)
- 1939 - Harvey Keitel, actor
- 1940 - Bruce Chatwin, British travel writer and novelist (d. 1989)
- 1941 - Ritchie Valens, singer (d. 1959)
- 1941 - Senta Berger, actress
- 1944 - Armistead Maupin, author
- 1945 - Magic Dick, musician ("J. Geils Band")
- 1947 - Stephen R. Donaldson, author
- 1950 - Stevie Wonder, singer, pianist, bassist, drummer
- 1954 - Johnny Logan, Irish singer, songwriter, three-time Eurovision Song Contest winner
- 1961 - Dennis Rodman, basketball player, actor
- 1966 - Darius Rucker, Hootie & The Blowfish frontman
- 1967 - Chuck Schuldiner, Death frontman
- 1977 - Samantha Morton, actress
- Mike Bibby, basketball player
- Barry Zito, baseball pitcher
- 1979 - Prince Carl Philip of Sweden
- 1981 - Sunny Leone, Penthouse Magazine's pet of the Year, 2003
Dēaðas[adiht | adiht fruman]
- 1619 - Johan van Oldenbarnevelt, Dutch statesman (b. 1547)
- 1835 - John Nash, architect (b. 1752)
- 1884 - Cyrus McCormick, inventor (b. 1809)
- 1916 - Sholom Aleichem, author (b. 1859)
- 1930 - Fridtjof Nansen, explorer (b. 1861)
- 1945 - Tubby Hall, jazz musician (b. 1895)
- 1961 - Gary Cooper, actor (b. 1901)
- 1972 - Dan Blocker, actor
- 1975 - Bob Wills, country musician (b. 1905)
- 1988 - Chet Baker, American jazz trumpeter (b. 1929)
- 1999 - Gene Sarazen, golfer (b. 1902)
- 2001 - R.K. Narayan, Indian novelist (b. 1906)
- 2003 - John Savage, former Premier of Nīwe Scotland
Symbeldagas and observances[adiht | adiht fruman]
- Commemoration of Julian of Norþwic (Anglican)
- Rōmānisc Rīce - Feast of the Lemures (Sēo Larvae)
- Mōdor Dæg - 2001, 2007, 2012
Ūtanwearde bendas[adiht | adiht fruman]
12. Þrimilcemōnþes - 14. Þrimilcemōnþes - 13. Ēastermōnþes - 13. Sēremōnþes -- Getalu ealre daga
|Æfterra Gēola | Solmōnað | Hrēðmōnað | Ēastermōnað | Þrimilcemōnað | Sēarmōnað | Mǣdmōnað | Wēodmōnað | Hāligmōnað | Winterfylleð | Blōtmōnað | Gēolmōnað|