Wikipǣdia:Gecorene gemynddagas/24 Þrimilcemonað
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bryce AN biliþ on ælc cyrre
|1487 – Impostor Lambert Simnel was crowned in Christ Church Cathedral in Dublin, Ireland, as "King Edward VI".||refimprove|
|1626 – Director-General Peter Minuit of New Netherland acquired Manhattan from Native Americans in exchange for trade goods valued at 60 guilders.||unreferenced section, date not cited|
|1822 – Ecuadorian War of Independence: Troops led by Antonio José de Sucre secured the independence of Quito from Spain at the Battle of Pichincha.||no footnotes|
- 1689 – The Act of Toleration became law, granting freedom of worship to Nonconformists under certain circumstances, but deliberately excluding Catholics.
- 1830 – The nursery rhyme "Mary Had a Little Lamb" was first published as an original poem by Sarah Josepha Hale.
- 1883 – New York City opened the Brooklyn BridgeBysen:Spaced ndashthe longest suspension bridge in the world at the time.
- 1930 – English aviatrix Amy Johnson landed in Darwin, Northern Territory, becoming the first woman to successfully fly from England to Australia.
- 1941 – Second World War: The German battleship Bismarck sank the British battlecruiser Bysen:HMS in eleven minutes at the Battle of the Denmark Strait.
- 1948 – Arab–Israeli War: After five days of fighting, Egyptian forces finally captured the Israeli community of Yad Mordechai after the defenders had abandoned it.
- 1956 – The first edition of the Eurovision Song Contest was held in Lugano, Switzerland.
- 1962 – Project Mercury: American astronaut Scott Carpenter orbited the Earth three times in the Aurora 7 space capsule.
- 1970 – On the Kola Peninsula in Russia, drilling began on the Kola Superdeep Borehole, eventually reaching Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Convert/text' not found., making it the deepest hole ever drilled and the deepest artificial point on the earth.
- 1976 – In a wine competition in Paris, French judges shocked the wine industry by rating California wines higher than French ones.
- 1999 – Former President of Serbia Slobodan Milošević was indicted for war crimes and crimes against humanity committed in Kosovo.
- 1960 Valdivia earthquake appears on 22 Þrimilcemōnaþ, so Puyehue-Cordón Caulle should not appear in the same year
- 1738 – Æt Maroara gemōte in Ealdoresgeate on Lundne, afand John Ƿesley ( þæs gelicnes is hēr ) edsceaft in his gāste, and þis læd hine þe he onginne þā Methodist Gestyr.
- 1830 – Se Baltimore and Ohio Īsernƿeg, se forma gemǣre berend and Forma Hād Īsernƿeg in þāra Geānedum Rīcum, opned for scheduled þegnunge.
- 1930 – Amy Johnson Bryttisc fleoga belendede in Darƿin in Australie Norþerne Landscipe and be þis ƿeard hie se forma ƿīfmann þe fremmede to fleogenne of Breten oþ Australie.
- 1960 – Cordón Caulle in the Ciliscum Andes begann to abyrstenne, lǣs þon tƿā nihta æfter se Valdivia eorþstyre slōg þæt land.
- 1991 – Se Israhēlisc Here begann Saloman Geƿeorc, rūna ƿeorc to bringenne Iudeas of þæm Sigelhearƿum to Israhēle þæm lande.