Wikipǣdia:Gecorene gemynddagas/23 Gēolmōnaþ
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bryce AN biliþ on ælc cyrre
|1947 – The transistor, invented by John Bardeen, Walter Brattain and William Shockley, was first demonstrated at Bell Laboratories.||unreferenced section, indiscriminate list|
|1972 – The Nicaraguan capital of Managua was struck by a 6.5 magnitude earthquake, killing more than 10,000 people.||refimprove|
- 962 – Byzantine–Arab Wars: Under the future Emperor Nicephorus Phocas, Byzantine troops stormed the city of Aleppo.
- 1793 – French Revolution: The Royalist counterrevolutionary army was decisively defeated in the Battle of Savenay, although fighting continued in the War in the Vendée for years afterward.
- 1823 – A Visit from St. Nicholas, also known as The Night Before Christmas, was first published anonymously. Authorship was later attributed to Clement Clarke Moore.
- 1913 – U.S. President Woodrow Wilson signed the Federal Reserve Act, establishing a central banking system of the United States, the Federal Reserve.
- 1916 – First World War: Allied forces gained a strategic victory in the Battle of Magdhaba, located in the Sinai Peninsula.
- 1938 – A South African fisher discovered the first living specimen of a coelacanth, long believed to be extinct.
- 1954 – Drs. Joseph Murray and J. Hartwell Harrison performed the first successful kidney transplant.
- 1986 – Piloted by Dick Rutan and Jeana Yeager, the Rutan Voyager became the first aircraft to fly around the world without stopping or refueling, landing in California's Edwards Air Force Base after a nine-day trip.
- 1990 – About eighty-eight percent of the population in Slovenia voted to secede from the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia.
- 2008 – The Guinean military engineered a coup d'état, and announced that it planned to rule the country for two years prior to a new presidential election.
23 Gēolmōnaþ: Þæs Cāseres Cennungdæg on Iapanfolce
- 1888 – Þæn adrecced wæs he mid hyge tīdernesse, folgede Vincent van Gogh Niðerlendisc mētere his frēond Paul Gauguin Frencisc mētere mid scearseaxe in folme, and þæreft acearf his þone niþerdǣl his agnan ēaran and geaf hōre hine.
- 1957 – Ian Craig þæs Australisc criccethēapes weard þone giengsta Test criccet hēafodman æfer giet.
- 1958 – Se Tokio Torr opnede, se wæs se tallest self-supporting stielen structure in eallum middangearde and stent 1,091 fēt hēah.
- 1938 –Sūþaffricansic fiscere afund coelacanth se wæs se forma libbend bysen þæs fisccynnes, þæt ær þæm dæge man cneaw of þæm forestǣr and aliefed þe hit wæs eall gecwinnen.
- 1954 – Joseph Murray and J Hartwell Harrison læccas fremmedon seo ǣrreste fremfullu lundlaga aplantung.
- 1986 – Dick Rutan and Jeana Yeager fleogaþ Rutan Voyager þone lyftcræft se weard se forma lyftcræft þe ymbfleaw eorþe būtan bīdsteal noððe to andnimenne tender, and he lendede in Californie Edwards Air Force Base æfter nigondaga fare.