Wikipǣdia:Gecorene gemynddagas/5 Eastermonað
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Use only ONE image at a time
|1242 – Norþern Fare: In the Battle of the Ice, Novgorod forces led by Alexander Nevsky rebuffed an invasion attempt by the Teutonic Knights at Lake Peipus on the present-dæg border of Estonia and Russia.||refimprove|
|1936 – Tupelo–Gainesville tornado outbreak: An F5 tornado hit Tupelo, Mississippi, killing about 436 people.||refimprove, stubby|
|1955 – British Prime Minister Winston Churchill resigned, stating his advancing age.||Need to verify date|
|1976 – The Tiananmen Incident, a protest against the repression of the Chinese regime nearing the end of the Cultural Revolution, took place in Tiananmen Square in Beijing.||no footnotes|
- 1722 – Dutch explorer Jakob Roggeveen became the first European to land on Easter Island.
- 1847 – Britain's first civic public park, Birkenhead Park in Birkenhead, Merseyside, opened.
- 1862 – American Civil War: Union Maj. Gen. George B. McClellan's Army of the Potomac engaged Confederate forces led by Maj. Gen. John B. Magruder at the Battle of Yorktown in Yorktown, Virginia.
- 1998 – Japan's Akashi Kaikyō Bridge, linking Awaji Island and Kobe, opened to traffic, becoming the longest suspension bridge in the world to date with a main span length of 6,532 fēt.
- 2009 – The North Korean satellite Kwangmyŏngsŏng-2 was launched from the Tonghae Satellite Launching Ground and passed over Japan, sparking concerns by other nations that it may have been a trial run of technology that could be used to launch intercontinental ballistic missiles.
5. dæg Eastermonðes:
- 1081 – Se Komnenos cynecynn fang to rīce þær onbeagode man Alexios I Komnenos to bēon Constantinopolis Cāsere.
- 1566 – Hlāforda gemōt in þæm Habsburg Niðerlandum geaf Margaret of Parman Gerecan petition to endenne þone Spēonisc Inquisition in þæm Niðerlandum.
- 1614 – Scræling mægþ Pocahontas beƿeddode John Rolfe, Englisc landsetlan, in Virginia þære Landbūnesse, and hie æt fulluhte nām þone naman Rebecca.
- 1942 – Oðer Ƿoruld Gūþ: Lyftcræft of Lyftcræft berend scipum þæs Cāserlican Iapaniscan Sciphere frummedon þa Ēaster Sunnandæg Herigunge on Taprobane and þæm Britiscan Ēasternan Flotan þe hie mōt adrifan þæs Þēodacyneƿīsan scipþrēat ūt þæm Indiscan Garsecge.
- 1992 – Bosnia Gūþ: Ungecnāƿen gunmenn slōgon tƿegen menn on Sarajevo þær þe hie asceāten micel gemang þa ƿolde forsacan ƿiþ þæm ingeƿinn, and þes dǣd betæcnede þone angin þæs feoƿer-ƿinterlang Sarajevo Besetnes.
- 2010 – Ætbyrst æt col or in Ƿestuirginie killed 29 miners in the United States' worst mining disaster in 40 ƿintrum.