Wikipǣdia:Gecorene gemynddagas/4 Þrimilcemonað
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Remembrance of the Dead in the Netherlands||bare URLs|
|Greenery Day in Japan||refimprove|
|1471 – Wars of the Roses: Yorkist Edward IV defeated a Lancastrian army in the Battle of Tewkesbury.||unreferenced section|
|1910 – The Royal Canadian Navy was created as the Naval Service of Canada.||unreferenced section|
|1919 – The May Fourth Movement began in China with large-scale student demonstrations in Tiananmen Square, Peking, against the Paris Peace Conference and Japan's Twenty-One Demands.||unreferenced section|
|1949 – A plane carrying almost the entire Torino A.C. football team crashed into the hill of Superga near Turin, Italy, killing all 31 aboard including 18 players, club officials, and the journalists accompanying them.||refimprove|
|1996 – José María Aznar was elected Prime Minister of Spain, ending 13 years of Socialist rule.||refimprove section|
- 1493 – Pope Alexander VI issued the papal bull Inter caetera, establishing a line of demarcation dividing the New World between Spain and Portugal.
- 1814 – Ferdinand VII abolished the Spanish Constitution of 1812, returning Spain to absolutism.
- 1836 – The Ancient Order of Hibernians, an Irish Catholic fraternal organization, was founded in New York City.
- 1886 – An unknown assailant threw a bomb into a crowd of police, turning a peaceful labor rally in Chicago into the Haymarket massacre, which resulted in the deaths of seven police officers and many bystanders.
- 1942 – World War II: The Imperial Japanese Navy engaged Allied naval forces at the Battle of the Coral Sea, the first fleet action in which aircraft carriers engaged each other.
- 1970 – The Ohio National Guard opened fire at Kent State University students protesting the United States invasion of Cambodia, killing four and injuring nine.
- 1436 –Engelbrekt Engelbrektsson Sƿeonisc ƿiþƿiga and folchierde ƿæs ofslōgen onmiddan his Engelbrekt rebellion.
- 1959 – Se forma Grammy Awards ceremony heald man, recognizing outstanding achievement in the American music industry.
- 1974 – Eall-ƿīfcynn Iapanisc stigorahēap arǣhte þone Manaslu topp (on biliþe) in Ēastcaucasus þæm beorgum, and þȳ ƿeardon hie ðā ǣrrestan ƿīfmenn to sligenne 8,000-meter topp.
- 1979 – Margaret Þatcher ƿeard se forma spindelhealf Forma Þegn þæs Geānedan Cynerīces, æfter James Callaghan Forma Þegn þæs Ƿyrhtena Flocc ƿæs siglēas in þæs ǣrdæges gemǣnan cēasnesse.
- 1982 – Folcland Geƿinn: HMS Sheffield ƿæs onslōgen be Exocet missile, se cƿeall 20 liþmenn and forþæm sanc þis scip æfter siexe nihtum, and þis ƿæs þæt forma scip þæs Cynelican Scipheres besenct æt sæcce siððan þære Ōðru Ƿoruldgūþe.
- 1990 – Se Hēa Geþingþ þære Lettiscan Sofietiscan Socialistiscan Cyneƿīsan abannede Lettlandes sundorrīcehād, and sæd þe se Molotov–Ribbentrop Foreƿeard and þa Sofietisc besæt on Lettland ƿæron ǣrlēas.