Wikipǣdia:Gecorene gemynddagas/18 Ēastermōnaþ
Bryce AN biliþ on ælc cyrre
|1025 – Bolesław I Chrobry became the first King of Poland.||refimprove section, unreferenced section|
|1775 – American Revolutionary War: Colonists Paul Revere, William Dawes, and Samuel Prescott began a "midnight ride" from Boston to Lexington to warn residents about the impending arrival of British troops.||Dawes tagged refimprove and it seems unfair to exclude him|
|1961 – The Soviet Pluton planetary radar performed the world's first successful radiolocation of the planet Venus.||stub|
|1983 – A suicide bomber destroyed the United States Embassy in Beirut, Lebanon, killing over 60 people with a car bomb.||needs more footnotes|
|1988 – Iran–Iraq War: U.S. naval forces attacked Iranian forces in retaliation for the Iranian mining of the Persian Gulf and the subsequent damage to the American frigate USS Samuel B. Roberts.||refimprove section|
|1992 – General Abdul Rashid Dostum revolted against the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan and allied with Ahmad Shah Massoud to capture Kabul.||Need to verify date – Dostum's article says 18 Apr, but Civil war in Afghanistan (1989–1992) makes it seem like he defected earlier|
|1996 – Israeli forces shelled Qana, Lebanon, during Operation Grapes of Wrath, killing over 100 civilians and injuring over 110 others at a UN compound.||unreferenced section|
- 1906 – A major earthquake and resulting fires devastated San Francisco, killing at least 3,000 people and leaving more than half of the city's population homeless.
- 1923 – The Nīweoforwīc Yankees of Major League Baseball began playing their games in the newly constructed Yankee Stadium.
- 1947 – In one of the largest non-nuclear single explosive detonations in history, the Royal Navy set off 4,000 tonnes of surplus ammunition in an unsuccessful attempt to destroy the island of Heligoland, Germany.
- 1958 – Controversial American poet Ezra Pound was released from St. Elizabeths Hospital in Washington. D.C., where had been incarcerated for twelve years.
- Battles of Lexington and Concord appears on Ēastermōnaþ 19; the midnight ride and the battles should not both appear in the same year
- 1506 – Man ongann to timbrienne todæges Sctes Petres Hēafodcirice on þæm Faticanbyrig, to replace þā ealde hēafodcirice sēo wæs in þæm fēowrþe gearhund getimbrod.
- 1689 – Menn þæs fyrd and burgmenn forgædroden in Boston, and arrested þegnas þæs Nīwra Englaland Rīces.
- 1938 – Superman, geworden be Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, wæs ǣrrste geswutoled in Action Comics #1, and þes wæs sēo ǣrrsta trēowlic oferhierd comic bōc.
- 1942 – Ōðru Woruldgūþ: Siextiene B-25 Mitchell byrstendberend lyftcrǣftas of þæm lyftcræftberendan scipe USS Hornet (on biliþ) fremmedon þā Doolittle Hergung, se forma onsæcc be þæm Westernum geþoftedum rīcum on þāra Iapanwara eardīegum.
- 1949 –Īrland Cynewīse forlǣt þa Bryttisc Þēodacynewīse and weard respublica.