Wikipǣdia:Gecorene gemynddagas/16 Ēastermōnaþ
Bryce AN biliþ on ælc cyrre
VT Ēastermōnaþ 16 memorial closeup.jpg
Memorial to the victims of the Virginia Tech massacre
|1582 – Spanish conquistador Hernando de Lerma founded the settlement of Salta in Argentina.||needs more footnotes|
|1746 – Forces of the House of Hanover defeated the Jacobites at the Battle of Culloden, the final confrontation of the Jacobite Rising.||refimprove section|
|1912 – American Harriet Quimby became the first woman to fly across the English Channel.||unreferenced section|
|1917 – Vladimir Lenin returned to Petrograd from Switzerland, and joined the Bolshevik movement in Russia.||lead too short|
|1925 – A group of Bulgarian Communist Party members assaulted the St Nedelya Church in Sofia, Bulgaria, during the funeral service of General Konstantin Georgiev, killing 150 people and injuring about 500 others.||no footnotes|
|1947 – Thousands of tons of ammonium nitrate in the port of Texas City, Texas, exploded, killing 581 people in the Texas City Disaster, which later led to the first ever class action lawsuit against the U.S. government.||needs more footnotes|
|1947 – American financier and presidential adviser Bernard Baruch (pictured) first described the post–World War II tensions between the Soviet Union and the United States as a "cold war".||neutrality disputed|
|2003 – The Treaty of Accession was signed in Athens, admitting ten new member states into the European Union, including several countries of the former Eastern Bloc.||merge candidate, kind of short|
- 1818 – The United States Senate ratified the Rush–Bagot Treaty, which laid the basis for a demilitarized boundary between the U.S. and British North America.
- 1520 – On Toledo on Castile rīce, burgmenn þa nolde hæbban to cyninge Carl V, se ƿæs elelendisce geboren, rose up in revolt þær Carles leodƿeard ongann to unseat radical menn of þæm burggemōte.
- 1746 – Ƿigan þæs Cyning hæfde sige ofer Iacobites æt þæm Culloden Beadƿe, seo ƿæs þære Iacobite Ahebbunge endmesta dǣd and þȳ ƿæs þæt cynelice Hanofer Hūs fæst in þæm cynedōm.
- 1853 – Se ǣrrsta passenger line þæs īsernƿeg se ƿeard eftsōn Indisc Īsernƿegas opnede betƿuh Bombay and Thane.
- 1919 – Polish–Soviet Gūþ: The Polish army launched the Vilna offensive to capture Vilnius (now in modern Lithuania) from the Red Army.
- 2001 – Indea and Bængladesc begannen fif-dæglang ƿig ofer hiere gemǣro, se endod in a stalemate.