Wikipǣdia:Gecorene gemynddagas/13 Ēastermōnaþ
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bryce AN biliþ on ælc cyrre
- Georg Friedrich Händel 5.jpg
George Frideric Handel
|Thai New Year's Dæg||unreferenced section|
|1919 – The Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea, a government in exile based in Shanghai during the Japanese occupation of Korea, was formed.||refimprove|
- 1111 – Henry V, the last ruler of the Salian dynasty, was crowned Holy Roman Emperor.
- 1598 – King Henry IV of France issued the Edict of Nantes, granting freedom of religion to the Huguenots.
- 1919 – British Indian Army troops massacred hundreds of unarmed men, women and children who were attending a peaceful gathering at the Jallianwala Bagh in Amritsar, Punjab, India.
- 1941 – The Soviet Union and the Empire of Japan signed a neutrality pact, which lasted through most of World War II.
- 1948 – A convoy bringing medical and fortification supplies and personnel to Hadassah Hospital on Mount Scopus was ambushed by Arab forces, leaving about eighty people dead.
- 1997 – In golf, weard Tiger Woods anandtweontig wintreyld plegere, se giengsta plegere to gewinnenne þone U.S. Masters, and he brāc þæs tournament's record for the lowest feower-rund score (270 strokes, 18 under par).
- 2009 - Twenty-three people died in a homeless hostel fire in Kamień Pomorski, Poland, the country's deadliest fire since 1980.
- Heanrig V Engla Cyning is eac in Ēastermōnaþ 9, so to avoid confusion, Henry V Haliga Romanisca Casere nolde beon in þǣm ilcan geare.
- Serse appears on Ēastermōnaþ 15 so the Messiah blurb should not appear in the same year.
- 1742 – Messiah, gesungen geƿeorc be baroque composer George Frideric Handel (on biliþe), ƿæs ǣrrsta gefremmed on Difeline.
- 1873 – Æfter bisǣce cēosunge for stōlicum ambehtum in Colfax, Louisiana in þāra GRA, beƿæpnedu Hƿīitmanna ealdorscipes foresprecan beþridedon frēolǣtan and þone Sƿeartamericanisc rīces fyrd þe ongann to heoldenne se rihtsciftscīre gemōthūs, hie and slogon 100 menn and mār þæs gemange.
- 1956 – The Fietnamisc Þēodlic Here fang Ba Cut, heretōga Hoa Hao þæs æfæsstnesse folces, sƿylc man recede be niede rīce in sūþernum Fietname and ƿiþstōd Ngo Dinh Diem Forma Þegn.
- 1984 – Indisc þrēat ongann Operation Meghdoot, se ƿæs forgrīpend onsæc on þæm bisǣcan Siachen Īsflōd læppan on Cascmire, and sƿylc onsæc ongann þone Siachen feoht ƿiþ Pacistane.