Jump to navigation Jump to search
Getæl nīwra worda and earfoðra worda[ādihtan fruman]
DO NOT DELETE THIS SECTION
Note that in this list: "ȝ"=IPA "j", "ċ"=IPA "t͡ʃ", "sċ"=IPA "ʃ", and "ċȝ"=IPA "d͡ːʒ".
Note that etymologies or rationales for the Old English neologisms should be put after the Modern English translation in square brackets, like so:
Abbreviations used are: sm/sn/sf = strong masculine/neuter/feminine; wm/wn/wf = weak masculine/neuter/feminine; indecm/indecn/indecf = indeclinable masculine/neuter/feminine; w-dec. = w-declension; u-dec. = u declension; i-mut. = i-mutated; pl. = plural; aj = adjective; desc. = modifier for a noun (a "describer") other than an adjective; av = adverb; w1/w2/w3 = weak verb class; s1/s2/.../s7b = strong verb class.
- Europisċ (aj) brūn (aj) hara (wm) - European brown hare
- ȝeheriȝende (aj) dēor (sn) (two authentic words) - predatory animal
- hwīttæȝelhara (wm) - white-tailed jackrabbit
- Norþamerica (irreg. wf/irreg. sf) - North America
- snāwscōhhara (wm) - snowshoe hare
- swearttæȝelhara (wm) - black-tailed jackrabbit
- þūsendmeter (sn) - kilometer