Mōtung:George W. Bush
Is there really any need to lock this page? Just because is locked in the English wikipedia does not mean it need be locked here. I think this wikipedia is probably sufficiently obscure that random anti-Bush vandals would be unlikely to cause trouble.
I'd ask that it be unlocked (particularly since I'd like to add to it) until it becomes evident that there is a problem. --Saforrest 17:40, 1 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Let's still...put up changes on the talk page and agree to them if they're major. First: how to translate "Governor" and "serve (an office)"? For "serve (an office)" as þegnian and þéowian. What say you? --James 18:13, 1 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Sure. For 'governor', how about gíemend, or potentially the Latin gubernator?
- What should 'politics' and 'political' be? We could leave it as the Greek word, since Aristotle's Politics would definitely have been known in the learned OE world. Something like rædcræft could also work, but the stem ræd is really more about advising than playing politics in the modern sense.
- For 'political party', I suggest (OE word for political) + mǽgþ.
- For 'serve (an office)' þegnian seems like a good candidate. þéowian seems to have too much of the negative connotation (Clark Hall gives "give over into slavery") for what is meant here. --Saforrest 18:59, 1 Nov 2004 (UTC)
Great Article[ādihtan fruman]
I must say... this article is great, really great! Awesome! Very good Job, thats the best Bush-Article I ever read. Impossible. by the way: i did not wrote this version, but i found it first with a link from de.wikipedia. 184.108.40.206 18:39, 21 Gēolmōnaþ 2006 (UTC)