I couldn't get James on the English wiki, so I took it here, and will make this my main log-in name for the Anglo-Saxon wikipedia. Feel free to contact me about Old English, grammar, etc. Have fun!
I've been absent for a while due to conflicts on the wiki, but I will be getting back into the wiki to improve the consistency of look and feel of the language so this can be a useful wiki.
- WHO WAS IT JAMES? TELL ME PLEASE.
- Ic wunie in Floridan, ac nū weorce be gieldhūse.
- Ic cann Þēodisc, Englisc, Frencisc, and Nīwe Englisc.
- Ic geondwade Englisc, Níwe Englisc, and Þēodisc.
- I will correct grammar/spelling in any article (except user pages). You've been forewarned.
- Please make every attempt to correct your own grammar and spelling. This saves me time, allowing me to create new pages rather than correct those already done. Thanks! :)
- I have been relatively absent due to economic conditions in the US and having lost my most recent job. I will be much more active as an admin from here on, and will be enforcing all the spelling/grammar settings in the manual of style. Please vote in the Style Vote as it will set policy here, much as the earlier vote to use exclusively macrons and note accented vowels.
- for the first time - forman sīðe, æt frumcierre.
- Wikipedia:Old_English_Grammar reference grammar
- Joseph Wright's OE Grammar from google Books
- Old English Made Easy - OE Dictionaries there. I'm updating these now and will post refreshed dictionaries before the end of the week.
- Wikinews/Ang - Anyone want to help translate this? It's a straight translation from Modern English.
- Commons on Englisce - Anyone want to help get this translated and updated? I started, but will be out for about 2 weeks...
Please, could you translate this article onto Middle English? Thanks for your help. --22.214.171.124 14:58, 12 Gēolmōnaþ 2007 (UTC)
Hi! I'm a Hungarian Wikipedia editor, my name is Norbert Kiss. I'm very proud of my village and I would like to read about it in a lot of langauges. I translated already it into 10 languages, but I can't speak Eald Englisc. Could you help me. My village's English page is this: Ecser. Could you translate the page of Ecser into Old English? Then just link the side into the English version and I will see it, or you could write me, when it is ready. My hungarian Wikipedia side is: My profile. Or my e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you! Norbert
Old English vocabulary[adihtan]
Hi! Can you please share, where do people writing in Old English get OE words? As there is no English-OE distionaries, there are only OE-English ones. I am trying to do the similar thing with the Old Russian and I am confronted to a major problem that there is no Russian-Old Russian dictionaries, but only OR-Russian ones. Thanks My profile or email me pls at email@example.com --126.96.36.199 19:05, 15 Mǣdmōnaþ 2008 (UTC)